SOLVED Crashplan clients stuck at splash screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeByte

Explorer
Running through the how-to's and whatnot here, I managed to get the crashplan service up and running on FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201506292130.

The steps I followed:
-Install the plugin via the FreeNAS GUI
-jexec into the jail and fix the run.conf file (This had to be done a few times until the settings "stuck")
-From FreeNAS GUI, Plugins, Crashplan, accept java eula.
-Edit crashplan server settings to accept connections from 0.0.0.0 for port 4243

sockstat -l shows lots listeners on both 4242 and 4243.

I edited the settings on the crashplan client side so that it would connect to the jail ip address.

When I fire up the client, it stays at the splash screen. I've tried this from both a windows machine as well as osx. No connection timed out errors, that would normally occur if connection failed. It's like it's locked up.

I fired up tcpdump in the jail, and when I attempt another client run, it shows communication is occurring. The client connects, gives some details about itself to the server, the server replies, the client then sends more details about itself and then the server terminates the connection.

The server crashplan logs don't show anything about the connection attempts, however it does say this at the tail end of engine_output.log when the crashplan service is started:

[07.10.15 13:37:27.107 INFO main com.code42.net.ConnectivityTester ] Connectivity testing localhost, port=4242, connectionTimeout(ms)=100, retryDuration(ms)=100
[07.10.15 13:37:27.390 INFO main com.code42.net.ConnectivityTester ] Failed to connect after duration=280, retryDuration=100, address=localhost, connectTimeout=100, e=Connection refused
[07.10.15 13:37:27.391 INFO main com.code42.net.ConnectivityTester ] Connectivity testing localhost, port=4243, connectionTimeout(ms)=100, retryDuration(ms)=100
[07.10.15 13:37:27.544 INFO main com.code42.net.ConnectivityTester ] Failed to connect after duration=150, retryDuration=100, address=localhost, connectTimeout=100, e=Connection refused
[07.10.15 13:37:27.552 INFO main com.backup42.service.ui.UIInfoUtility ] Loaded port=4243 and token from location=/var/lib/crashplan/.ui_info​

Did I miss a step somewhere? The various howto's talk about a linux module that should be loaded on the server end (non-jail) that when I checked was not loaded, however I do see that procfs is mounted to the proc dir in the jail when I issue a mount command.

SnakeByte

Explorer
Danb35,

Ah crap. I had read the tail end of that thread and saw the port change, but as that didn't apply to me (Nothing was listening on port 4297) I didn't bother to read the rest. Apparently there were two fixes mentioned. The other being to replace the contents of the .ui_info file.

Once I made that change, the client connected without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.