CPU Cooling fan (quiet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohita Huja

Cadet
a quick note: freeipmi has been fixed and now works with the SM IPMI.

to compile it, in a ports jail do:

svn co svn://svn.savannah.gnu.org/freeipmi/branches/Release-1_3_0_branch freeipmi

then apply the patches for the freeipmi freebsd patches:

for i in `ls /usr/ports/sysutils/freeipmi/files/patch-*`; do echo $i ; patch -p0 < $i; done

then run configure with:

LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LIBS=-lpthread ./configure

and then run make

It's a bit easier to understand the value you set with freeipmi than with ipmiutil, though it's more work to perform the same action.

it's just a matter of time before it's in the ports and as such, automatically added to freenas

Hi jyavenard,

I recently built a FreeNAS server (Supermicro X9 board) and am having the same issue with the Noctua fan speed. I need to set the threshold lower for fan RPM. I am (very) new to the jails and plug-ins. I read up about FreeIPMI on their website, but am not clear at all how to go about installing FreeIPMI, and then defining this jail to enable the change to fan threshold. I did go through the FreeNAS manual, and know how to setup a jail (in general), although have no clue about the command line modifications.

I read your post, but still am not clear. Anyway you (or anyone) can help a newbee through the process of getting this change setup?

Thanks in advance - will appreciate all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.