cp/mv halts after timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

creepwood

Explorer
I spent all of yesterday trying to move/copy data off my old ufs drive to my new zfs volume, it timeouts alot. I did some fsck and found a couple of problems that was remedied.

in the console I'm getting errors like this

Code:
achich0: Timeout on slot 28
ahcich0: is 00000000 cs c0000003 ss f0000003 rs f0000003 tfd 50010040 serr 0000000

Also after one of these timeouts I'm getting problems when shutting down i also getting that cache writing to disk timeouts. but not always. I have no idea of what to do. I just spent 14 hours copying stuff the same way from an USB drive to the same zfs volume.

the UFS drive with problems are sitting on a single marvell sata port while the 4 zfs drives are sitting p35 chipset.

EDIT: Somethign very strange with that UFS volume is also that when I try to tab my way trhough the folders like when you type the first-two letters of a folder and then press tab. When I type /mn[tan]/tig+[tab]/g[tab] (for /mnt/tigress/graphics/) the whole ssh console freezes, can't type or delete anything. I can't say that it's only on that folder, but it every time on that folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.