CP doesn't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtK

Patron
from the error it looks as if the internal update failed (stopped in the middle):
Code:
 CRITICAL [                 __main__] Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/CouchPotato.py", line 133, in <module>

l.run()

File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/CouchPotato.py", line 89, in run

runCouchPotato(self.options, base_path, sys.argv[1:], data_dir = self.data_dir, log_dir = self.log_dir, Env = Env)

File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/couchpotato/runner.py", line 140, in runCouchPotato

db.open()

File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/libs/CodernityDB/database_super_thread_safe.py", line 43, in _inner

res = f(*args, **kwargs)

File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/libs/CodernityDB/database_super_thread_safe.py", line 93, in open

res = super(SuperThreadSafeDatabase, self).open(*args, **kwargs)

File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/libs/CodernityDB/database.py", line 571, in open

index.open_index()

File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/libs/CodernityDB/tree_index.py", line 156, in open_index

raise IndexException("Doesn't exists")

IndexException: Doesn't exists

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/CouchPotato.py", line 133, in <module>

l.run()

File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/CouchPotato.py", line 89, in run

runCouchPotato(self.options, base_path, sys.argv[1:], data_dir = self.data_dir, log_dir = self.log_dir, Env = Env)

File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/couchpotato/runner.py", line 140, in runCouchPotato

db.open()

File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/libs/CodernityDB/database_super_thread_safe.py", line 43, in _inner

res = f(*args, **kwargs)

File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/libs/CodernityDB/database_super_thread_safe.py", line 93, in open

File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/libs/CodernityDB/database.py", line 571, in open

index.open_index()

File "/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/libs/CodernityDB/tree_index.py", line 156, in open_index

I tried to git pull but that didn't help...

any idea?

D

dlavigne

Which version of FreeNAS? What exact commands/screens did you perform to result in this traceback?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
if you're using the CP plugin it doesn't use git to update, it uses the source file updater method.

you can just replace /usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer with source or a git clone from github.
make sure it's owned by the media user so that CP can update itself.

MtK

Patron
Which version of FreeNAS? What exact commands/screens did you perform to result in this traceback?
FN 9.3-STABLE, and I got the log by simple doing a service couchpotato restart from inside the jail.

if you're using the CP plugin it doesn't use git to update, it uses the source file updater method.

you can just replace /usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer with source or a git clone from github.
make sure it's owned by the media user so that CP can update itself.
yes, of course it doesn't have GIT.
I downloaded the ZIP (master) file and unzipped it.
I've chmoded to the media:media user, and it still doesn't work.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
FN 9.3-STABLE, and I got the log by simple doing a service couchpotato restart from inside the jail.

yes, of course it doesn't have GIT.
I downloaded the ZIP (master) file and unzipped it.
I've chmoded to the media:media user, and it still doesn't work.
after replacing the source files, what error are you getting?

MtK

Patron
after replacing the source files, what error are you getting?
exactly the same one:
Code:
22:01:58 CRITICAL [                 __main__] Traceback (most recent call last):

l.run()

db.open()

res = f(*args, **kwargs)

index.open_index()

Traceback (most recent call last):

l.run()

db.open()

res = f(*args, **kwargs)

index.open_index()

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
can you try installing a second instance of CP and see if that works?

MtK

Patron
can you try installing a second instance of CP and see if that works?
current plugin is listed as couchpotato-9.2.0-amd64 while new is listed as couchpotato-9.3.0-amd64, both of them generate the same error

MtK

Patron
sorry, the new 9.3 plugin did work, it just didn't start automatically (but manually did).
I now also see the update for the old plugin (9.2.0 -> 9.3.0) so... updating... :)

update to 9.3 didn't help!

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
sorry, the new 9.3 plugin did work, it just didn't start automatically (but manually did).
I now also see the update for the old plugin (9.2.0 -> 9.3.0) so... updating... :)

update to 9.3 didn't help!
then its not the plugin that's messed up. probably something that got messed up in that jail.

MtK

Patron

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
even though the plugin is the one throwing errors/exceptions?
I mean the PBI I supplied isn't the issue with your system. It's probably something in the jail or plugin that got messed up during/after installation.

So is there any reason you can't just use the working plugin install? You can move the data-directory if you don't want to reconfigure everything; it's in /var/db/couchpotato.

MtK

Patron
I mean the PBI I supplied isn't the issue with your system. It's probably something in the jail or plugin that got messed up during/after installation.

So is there any reason you can't just use the working plugin install? You can move the data-directory if you don't want to reconfigure everything; it's in /var/db/couchpotato.
of course I can use the now-working new jail/plugin, but I still would like to know what the issue is (and more than that, why is the error message not really helping)...

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
of course I can use the now-working new jail/plugin, but I still would like to know what the issue is (and more than that, why is the error message not really helping)...
Sorry, don't know python well enough to know what that means..

You could first try moving your data-directory in the messed up CP jail.
mv /var/db/couchpotato /var/db/couchpotato-bak

This would help figure out if the issue is stemming from the data-directory.

MtK

Patron
Sorry, don't know python well enough to know what that means..

You could first try moving your data-directory in the messed up CP jail.
mv /var/db/couchpotato /var/db/couchpotato-bak

This would help figure out if the issue is stemming from the data-directory.
Go point!
and... yes!!!

Code:
# mv /var/db/couchpotato /var/db/couchpotato-bak

root@couchpotato_1:/ # service couchpotato restart

couchpotato not running? (check /var/run/couchpotato/couchpotato.pid).

Starting couchpotato.

root@couchpotato_1:/ # service couchpotato restart

Stopping couchpotato.

Waiting for PIDS: 57478

so it was the data-dir.

any idea how to proceed from here?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
You could selectively go through the data-directory and try to find the corrupted component. I'd just re-configure CP, but you may not want to go through this.

MtK

Patron
You could selectively go through the data-directory and try to find the corrupted component. I'd just re-configure CP, but you may not want to go through this.
I just ran the wizard on the old (but upgraded) jail/plugin and everything seems to work fine now...

pete2789

Cadet
I just had the same error with my install and managed to resolve it without re installing so thought I would share what I did. Firstly I have installed not using the plugin but from git so hopefully this should apply to the plugin also.

I resolved it by removing the _indexes folder in the database folder in the couchpotato data directory.
I had to then start couchpotato a couple of times, it logged a few errors but it recreated the python files in the _indexes folder and now starts up correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.