Couchpotato won't update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intel

Explorer
Hi All,

I have installed the Couchpotato plugin jail, running the latest autoupdate.9_5 couchpotato-autoupdate.9_5-amd64

When I visit the GUI I get a message letting me know there is a new release and I should update. I hit update now, couchpotato seems to attempt at updating but the version installed never changes.

Is this a known issue? How can I fix it? I have verified internet connectivity so that's not the problem. Currently this is my version stats:
Code:
Versionc4fad95cd24bffd814572e8fd08c4f2f5d14f59b (2/24/2016, 2:08:09 PM)Updatersource, masterID4600 Directories/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato/CouchPotatoServer/var/db/couchpotatoStartup Args['--data_dir', '/var/db/couchpotato', '--pid_file', '/var/run/couchpotato/couchpotato.pid', '--daemon']Namespace(config_file='/var/db/couchpotato/settings.conf', console_log=False, daemon=True, data_dir='/var/db/couchpotato', debug=False, pid_file='/var/run/couchpotato/couchpotato.pid', quiet=False)

Thanks

Intel

Explorer
Looks like a permission problem, after I did this inside the jail I was able to upgrade :)

root@couchpotato_1:/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64 # chown -R media:media *
root@couchpotato_1:/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64 # service couchpotato restart

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Looks like a permission problem, after I did this inside the jail I was able to upgrade :)
this should work if you don't change the permission of the files. the folder
/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato
is owned by media. maybe you changed permissions in your jail before?

Intel

Explorer
this should work if you don't change the permission of the files. the folder
/usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/share/couchpotato
is owned by media. maybe you changed permissions in your jail before?

No, but I screwed up my permissions a few months ago when I enabled WebDav for the entire pool path (/mnt/mypool), webdav changed all my permissions and the quickest fix was to chown root:wheel for most things when that happened, I totally forgot about that it wasnt until I looked closely that I noticed the wrong permissions :/

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
ahh, at least its working.

Status
Not open for further replies.