couchpotato plugin addition to get it working with IPtorrents

Status
Not open for further replies.

moltra

Dabbler
I have looked and cannot find a development thread for the couchpotato plugin anywhere and want to submit a couple of suggestions to get it to work with freenas and Iptorrents.

I found the infomation in this thread.

https://couchpota.to/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9259&p=28866&hilit=iptorrents#p28859

what needs to be added to the couchpotato plugin.

pkg install py27-lxml (Required)
pkg install libxslt (Needs latest)
pkg install libxml2 (Needs latest)
pkg upgrade

cd /usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages
ln -s /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/lxml lxml
ln -s /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/lxml-3.4.1_1-py2.7.egg-info lxml-3.4.1_1-py2.7.egg-info
I submitted an issue on the couchpotato forum to change the following in couchpotato.

Line 53 in iptorrents.py change to..
html = BeautifulSoup(data, "lxml")​

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I have looked and cannot find a development thread for the couchpotato plugin anywhere and want to submit a couple of suggestions to get it to work with freenas and Iptorrents.

I found the infomation in this thread.

https://couchpota.to/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9259&p=28866&hilit=iptorrents#p28859

what needs to be added to the couchpotato plugin.

pkg install py27-lxml (Required)
pkg install libxslt (Needs latest)
pkg install libxml2 (Needs latest)
pkg upgrade

cd /usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64/lib/python2.7/site-packages
ln -s /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/lxml lxml
ln -s /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/lxml-3.4.1_1-py2.7.egg-info lxml-3.4.1_1-py2.7.egg-info
I submitted an issue on the couchpotato forum to change the following in couchpotato.

Line 53 in iptorrents.py change to..
html = BeautifulSoup(data, "lxml")​
I'm not sure how that works since the couchpotato plugin is using python and python libraries from /usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64?
I someone can get the iptorrents.py change merged and tell me I can add the dependencies to the couchpotato plugin and post an update.

neo_

Dabbler
I'm not sure how that works since the couchpotato plugin is using python and python libraries from /usr/pbi/couchpotato-amd64?
I someone can get the iptorrents.py change merged and tell me I can add the dependencies to the couchpotato plugin and post an update.

I did not edit the iptorrents.py file - as the new couchpotato version file is different anyway. But all the other steps listed in that link were absolutely required for iptorrents search to function within couch potato. It needed the libxml2 and py27-lxml pkgs, and etc..

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
ahh, I must have missed the linking part earlier! Ok, I'll issue an update to couchpotato with these optional dependencies added.

Status
Not open for further replies.