SOLVED corrupted ipmitool in boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audrey

Cadet
I got a dreaded boot volume status indicating that I have data corruption. zpool status shows the following.
config:
Code:
   NAME		STATE	 READ WRITE CKSUM
   freenas-boot  ONLINE	   0	 0	16
	 da12p2	ONLINE	   0	 0	32

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:
//usr/local/bin/ipmitool

My questions are: can I just restore this 1 file from either install media or another source? and outside of running a scrub after restoring the file, if possible, is there anything else i should be worried about? I am already planning on mirroring the boot drive.

Last edited by a moderator:

m0nkey_

MVP
Errors in the boot pool are early indications that your boot media may fail soon. You may want to backup your config, re-install on a fresh boot media and then import your config.

Audrey

Cadet
Thanks for the quick reply m0nkey, I was hopping to avoid that since I'd have to fear uuid change on the vm hosts that connect to the this system via iscsi.

m0nkey_

MVP
Thanks for the quick reply m0nkey, I was hopping to avoid that since I'd have to fear uuid change on the vm hosts that connect to the this system via iscsi.
Backup/restore of the config should help avoid that issue. Once you've re-installed, don't import your pool just restore your config, at the next boot all your settings will be restored and your pool will be imported.

Status
Not open for further replies.