CORE to SCALE migration, cloud task and credentials gone

wrobelda

Cadet
Hi,

I just performed a fresh install of SCALE stable and uploaded settings from my previous CORE 13.0-U6.1. A minor issue I noticed is that the NFS service was not enabled, even though my CORE had that.

More importantly, however, none of the cloud sync settings were migrated: neither the credentials, nor the tasks. I thought I read through all the preparation docs, turns out it's because OneDrive is no longer supported in SCALE due to python versioning issue. It would be nice if this was actually mentioned in the preparation docs, such that one would not go through the hassle only to find out their set up is impossible to replicate.

Bainnor

Dabbler
This post may provide a solution you can use for your OneDrive issue.

I seem to recall there was once a nice migration path graphic that would bring Core users to key Scale installations, which would allow you to read any change logs and depreciated service announcements along the way, but that seems to have disappeared, or at least I couldn't find it when reading the preparation documents myself. I suspect this may be a case of the documentation not being updated as fast as the software (and it's migration path).