Contunuiously reporting ups is on battery power then on line power

AsinineLucky

Cadet
Hello everyone! Hoping to sort through an issue I am having with my UPS systems. I am finally getting around to configuring my TrueNAS box to monitor the UPS and act as the server for my systems to be able to shutdown gracefully. I followed the User Guide and have everything setup and communications seem to be performing correctly. I can list all details when running the "upsc ups" command. The issue I am running into is that the system (TrueNAS) keeps alerting that the UPS is on battery, and then right after going back to on line power.

Error message "UPS ups is on battery power" and then "UPS ups is on line power."

The UPS itself is not showing it switching. This also resulted in over 1400 email alerts being sent for the back and forth over a 5 hour time period. If I add in the additional parameter to slow the polling rate, it just extends the time between the alerts.

The load is only about 10~15% of the capacity, and the batteries were just replaced last year, so there should be no issues on that end of things. Additionally, I had the UPS connected to the PowerAlert software on a Windows box previously which did not show the system switching back and forth between battery. Happy to provide any additional details needed. Again, the configuration at this point does not have any customizations other than selecting the driver and changing the password. I had to disable the email alerts due to reaching my email send limit for the day.

System Version: TrueNAS-12.0-U7
UPS: TrippLite SU3000RTXR3U

AsinineLucky

Cadet
Hello everyone! Hoping to sort through an issue I am having with my UPS systems. I am finally getting around to configuring my TrueNAS box to monitor the UPS and act as the server for my systems to be able to shutdown gracefully. I followed the User Guide and have everything setup and communications seem to be performing correctly. I can list all details when running the "upsc ups" command. The issue I am running into is that the system (TrueNAS) keeps alerting that the UPS is on battery, and then right after going back to on line power.

Error message "UPS ups is on battery power" and then "UPS ups is on line power."

The UPS itself is not showing it switching. This also resulted in over 1400 email alerts being sent for the back and forth over a 5 hour time period. If I add in the additional parameter to slow the polling rate, it just extends the time between the alerts.

The load is only about 10~15% of the capacity, and the batteries were just replaced last year, so there should be no issues on that end of things. Additionally, I had the UPS connected to the PowerAlert software on a Windows box previously which did not show the system switching back and forth between battery. Happy to provide any additional details needed. Again, the configuration at this point does not have any customizations other than selecting the driver and changing the password. I had to disable the email alerts due to reaching my email send limit for the day.

System Version: TrueNAS-12.0-U7
UPS: TrippLite SU3000RTXR3U
I just noticed that the UPS.Status listed when running upsc flips between OL and OB regularly. So it may be something with the driver or NUT possibly?