CloudSync fails

Dilson

Cadet
Hello Everyone -

I am pretty new to TrueNAS and I am still learning. So kindly go easy on me.
I have setup a CloudSync task (Google Drive) and it fails with the error provided below, each time I run it or when the schedule runs.
I have tried searching several forums and every other place I can think of, and have been unable to get a solution.

Here is the error that I get
Error: [EFAULT] Errors: 1 (retrying may help) Checks: 19902 / 19902, 100% Elapsed time: 7m31.1s Failed to copy: failed to open source object: open file failed: Use the --drive-acknowledge-abuse flag to download this file: googleapi: Error 403: This file has been identified as malware or spam and cannot be downloaded., cannotDownloadAbusiveFile

Can someone who has experience resolving this help me out or at least point me to some place where I can follow instructions and solve this issue?

Dilson

Cadet
Has anyone got this to work flawlessly?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
The simplest thing would seem to be to remove the offending file(s) and sync would work without issue.

If you don't want to/can't do that, then you may need to abandon the sync task and use rclone directly via a cron task (using the recommended switch at the command line to ignore the warnings).

aasikki

Dabbler
The simplest thing would seem to be to remove the offending file(s) and sync would work without issue.

If you don't want to/can't do that, then you may need to abandon the sync task and use rclone directly via a cron task (using the recommended switch at the command line to ignore the warnings).
I'm having this exact problem right now. According to bluefin patch notes, there should be a button to allow downloading those files. but I don't have that in my ui. Maybe I misunderstood and it's only in some beta or something... Anyways how am I supposed to know what file is the offending one? I've been trying to exclude folders from the sync that I suspect may be the problem, but still haven't managed to get a sync finish, as I just have too much stuff in my drive to easily figure it out.

bcat

Explorer
I briefly looked into this in the past (for a different rclone flag), and I believe the TrueNAS middleware actually supports custom arguments for Cloud Sync tasks, but it's not configurable through the Web UI, just the API (e.g., accessable with midclt). Specifically, see the "args" property of the task object.

So if you want to keep the integrated alerting, etc. that a Cloud Sync task provides, adding the desired argument(s) manually via API might be worth looking into as well. (Not sure how stable the API is, but at least it's a well-defined interface.)

aasikki

Dabbler
I briefly looked into this in the past (for a different rclone flag), and I believe the TrueNAS middleware actually supports custom arguments for Cloud Sync tasks, but it's not configurable through the Web UI, just the API (e.g., accessable with midclt). Specifically, see the "args" property of the task object.

So if you want to keep the integrated alerting, etc. that a Cloud Sync task provides, adding the desired argument(s) manually via API might be worth looking into as well. (Not sure how stable the API is, but at least it's a well-defined interface.)
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Couldn't easily understand how that works, but I'll try to look into it a bit more.

I wonder why I don't have the option to allow this in the gui though, as in these patch notes for scale 22.12.0, it says "Allow Syncing Unsafe Content In Cloud Sync Tasks" (I'm on SCALE-22.12.0)
1676626498302.png

sretalla