Cloud Sync wait for other Task/Sync Up and Down

ThePao

Cadet
Hi TrueNAS Community

I have a problem with Cloud Sync.

I'm using two sepret Cloud Sync Tasks to push sync to Google Drive and the other to pull sync from Google Drive. My goal is to have my data in sync as fast as possible no matter if i put my data on Google Drive or TrueNAS.

Is it possible to have a pre-script that skips the push sync task for example if the pull sync task hasn't finished and reverse so that i can schedule the task every 5min or is there a other solution for "live sync" on both sides?

Thanks for your help! :smile:

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Is it possible to have a pre-script that skips the push sync task for example if the pull sync task hasn't finished and reverse so that i can schedule the task every 5min or is there a other solution for "live sync" on both sides?
short answer, no.

You can use rclone yourself in a script that can either perform checks you want first or at least set the order of things, but doing it through the GUI Cloud sync tasks isn't going to open up such an option.

Using a cron task to call your own script would then be the way.

"live sync" is fraught with issues of file locks and editing conflicts (as is regular sync in many ways). Seeking a solution where you can work on more than one copy of a file at the same time and have the different versions somehow magically figure out what to keep is something you need a trillion dollar company to solve (like Microsoft has with Office365)... even then it's not perfect (and certainly not free).

If your intention is just to have all new files (and no editing) with no possibility of naming conflicts, then you can run push and pull at the same time and as frequently as you like.

ThePao

Cadet
First of all thanks for the quick answer.

Jea, i see the problematic part... I had a synology many years ago who had a "live sync" (sometimes not that live) feature that worked pretty well but i have no idea how that worked. Maybe a push from Googles side as well for new files or something like that?

For now i live with a hourly schedule. Maybe a feature request for the future. :wink:

Thanks again!