When the cloud sync task is run again, it sends all the files again instead of just sending the changed files.

teknik

Cadet
Hello there;
Version: I create a cloud upload sync task on TrueNAS-12.0-U4.1,
Mission Properties;
There is a periodic upload schedule at a certain time per day,
Encryption is used
Cloud side has Minio

The task takes 10 days to complete after running (Related to data size and bandwidth)
When the task is run again after completion, instead of synchronizing the changes, it copies all the files again as when it first ran.
Repeats the process on the first run of the task.

What I want to do is create a cloud sync task and sync only the changed files daily after the full backup is finished.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Have you selected the type "sync"?

According to the rclone docs (which should be applicable as that's what cloud sync tasks are using in the background):

rclone sync

Make source and dest identical, modifying destination only.

Synopsis

Sync the source to the destination, changing the destination only. Doesn't transfer unchanged files, testing by size and modification time or MD5SUM. Destination is updated to match source, including deleting files if necessary (except duplicate objects, see below).

teknik

Cadet
Have you selected the type "sync"?

According to the rclone docs (which should be applicable as that's what cloud sync tasks are using in the background):

rclone sync

Make source and dest identical, modifying destination only.

Synopsis

Sync the source to the destination, changing the destination only. Doesn't transfer unchanged files, testing by size and modification time or MD5SUM. Destination is updated to match source, including deleting files if necessary (except duplicate objects, see below).

Yes I chose sync mode

Direction: PUSH
Transfer Mode: SYNC