Cloud Sync times

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernsky

Explorer
Hello,

I have set up a cloud sync but I cannot get the hours to work. I want it only to run from 23 to 06 (11pm-6am), but when 6am+ comes around its still running and it will not stop so I have to delete my sync and rebuild it not enabled. I am most likely blundering this somewhere so I was wondering if someone could help me out?

here is a screen shot
upload_2018-3-3_7-37-30.png

Thanks!

northernsky

Explorer
It's for my B2 sync. I don't have a cron job set up this is just for my cloud sync. Am I understanding you correctly?

northernsky

Explorer
I have the sync set with the times but there is not cron job created for it. I am guessing I am screwing it up but not sure how.
upload_2018-3-4_12-27-48.png

D

dlavigne

It sounds more like a bug then. Please create a ticket at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

northernsky

Explorer
Ok I am confused how this scheduling works. I only want it running between certain hours and that's it. Is there a better wiki or doc out there that explains that in detail? The Freenas documentation on cloud sync does not explain it well at all (to my understanding). I just need clarification since this is my first go at using cloud sync within Freenas.

Thanks!

northernsky

Explorer
Ok so it seems like I am the only one in the world who is not understanding how the sync works.... Can someone clarify a couple things and then I will let this drop.

1.Once you start the sync you cannot stop it. Period.
2. If you have the sync running every 30 mins from hour 01, 02, 03, 04, 04, and 06 it will still run after that until the sync finishes. It will never stop.

this is my confused understanding... oh and even if you delete your cloud sync it will still be running in the background because I had to shutdown my freenas server to finally kill the sync. For everything Freenas is so awesome with I have to say this is aweful.

Scott

Caleb Surface

Dabbler
Did you ever figure out a solution to this? I'm getting frustrated with the sync constantly going. I have to restart the machine for it to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.