Cloud Sync Task "There was nothing to transfer" for VM ZVOL volume.

kassflute

Cadet
Hello,
I have a working cloud sync task that is working since many months to backup my nextcloud dataset to backblaze and now l’m trying to do the same for my HomeAssistant OS VM data since I have many automation that i want to backup. But everything that I try result in a SUCCESS but nothing in backblaze. The task's logs says "There was nothing to transfer" but my HomeAssistant dataset contains a 7 GiB zvol.
I tried all parameters combinations and it's like the zvol volume doesn't exist for the cloud sync task.
I didn't found anything about this except some old threads about backblaze but I don't think it's the problem.

Thanks for your help :)

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Hello,
I have a working cloud sync task that is working since many months to backup my nextcloud dataset to backblaze and now l’m trying to do the same for my HomeAssistant OS VM data since I have many automation that i want to backup. But everything that I try result in a SUCCESS but nothing in backblaze. The task's logs says "There was nothing to transfer" but my HomeAssistant dataset contains a 7 GiB zvol.
I tried all parameters combinations and it's like the zvol volume doesn't exist for the cloud sync task.
I didn't found anything about this except some old threads about backblaze but I don't think it's the problem.

ZVOLs do not cloudsync..... only file-based datasets.

If you run homeassitant as an App.... it could be backed up.

For zvols.... zfs replication is best to another truenas (can be a VM or baremetal)

samarium

Contributor
Hello,

Or you export your HAOS configuraiton and data to files, and back them up. This would be a good interim step to give you some backup while you are considering if you can find a better solution.