Cloud sync task - Google Drive fail

ctbalk

Dabbler
Running 22.02.03 and trying to get a few directories to sync with Google Drive. After the scheduled event, I get the following error:

Failed to sync with 2 errors: last error was: can't update google document type without --drive-import-formats

So, I'm like cool, I just add "--drive-import-formats" as a prescript... looks to me like a rclone flag. But it doesn't like it and fails immediately with:

[EFAULT] Pre-script failed with exit code 127

Am I not doing this right? Is it a post script or exclude? Is it time to ditch Drive and go with Backblaze?

So, the first error isn't too big of a deal because it still runs the backup... sort of. I'm running a push sync and what it doesn't do is remove any deleted files off of Google Drive. The logs say so:

<3>ERROR : Google drive root '': not deleting files as there were IO errors
<3>ERROR : Google drive root '': not deleting directories as there were IO errors
<3>ERROR : Attempt 3/3 failed with 2 errors and: can't update google document type without --drive-import-formats

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Did it ever work with SCALE 22.02.3?

SCALE 22.02.4 was just released and it has some Google Drive improvements.

If you are looking for a new cloud storage provider, there is also the new iX-Storj capability. Depending on the use-case, there can be significant savings.

ctbalk

Dabbler
It hasn't in the month or so I've been running it, always the same errors. It wasn't too high of a priority since it was backing up files, just not deleting ones that I had removed locally. I'll give 22.02.4 a shot in the next few days, looking forward to some of the new features!

ctbalk

Dabbler
It happened again after the 22.02.4 upgrade. I read a post somewhere regarding .gdoc files causing issues in rclone, so I searched and destroyed all that I could find in my shares and on Google Drive. But there may be others in the form of other types... TBC.

1664554642564.png

<3>ERROR : Google drive root '': not deleting files as there were IO errors
<3>ERROR : Google drive root '': not deleting directories as there were IO errors
<3>ERROR : Attempt 3/3 failed with 2 errors and: can't update google document type without --drive-import-formats
<6>INFO :
Transferred: 0 / 0 Byte, -, 0 Byte/s, ETA -
Errors: 2 (retrying may help)
Checks: 121980 / 121980, 100%
Elapsed time: 1h35m43.1s

Failed to sync with 2 errors: last error was: can't update google document type without --drive-import-formats

ctbalk

Dabbler
One other related question: Does anyone know if Cloud Sync supports (or will support) any of the rClone "Drive" scope/flag like the one above or --drive-skip-gdocs? I assumed it would be a prefix, but it's not working.

I also tried entering .gdoc and gdoc in the "exclude" box, I ran into the same "failed to sync with two errors:" log as above.

kevin4324234

Cadet
I'm having the same issue. It would be nice if you could just directly pass flags like --drive-skip-gdocs to rclone