Cloud Sync error - rclone 'can't copy - source file is being updated'

stualden

Explorer
I'm running into a problem using Cloud Sync to back up to a Backblaze B2 bucket. Periodically the GUI reports that the backup failed. Looking in the logs, I can see that it's gagging on a particular file which, although it probably isn't actually changing, is getting "touched," which is causing rclone to restart the sync on that file. Since the file is pretty big (15G), rclone frequently is unable to complete the copy before the file gets touched again. After three tries, it strikes out.

Reading here and in other places, I'm thinking that the rclone --local-no-check-updated flag would fix this problem. Would it make sense to put this in as an enhancement request? I saw here that the --fast-list option was added to the GUI a few years ago.

I realize I have other workarounds, like turning off the program that's touching the file before the sync and turning it back on afterwards, or launching my own rclone cron job. (If there's place to put an overall rclone configuration file, that might work too?) I just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing a problem similar to mine.

Thanks,

--Stu