Clean install of 11.2 beta1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pomah

Explorer
Ok, trying to run it as a daily driver but I see a few things not working...

1) When I try to upload my config from 11.2 beta1 before I reinstalled everything, it does nothing. I upload the new file, click "save" and nothing happens. Bug #38170
tV7ST7H.png

2) Name server is incorrectly showed in the dashboard Bug #38175
KrRdwbA.png

3) When trying to add a plugin I get this error: Bug #38185
G7kNAZy.png

Or this error:
PSArcEX.png

4) When I try to filter for available plugins, e.g. bracula, it does not work as expected:, and yes bracula is there before I try to filter. Bug #38190
xCYUnqe.png

5) Creating a new jail separately crashes as well. Bug #38195
gVkM0jX.png

Just to add, I have still not updated the ZFS pool, since I am thinking of downgrading because I cant really use this as my daily driver untill i get the plugins to work. And yes when upgrading from 11.5 to 11.2beta1 the upgrade broke my boot_pool and i was degraded. Therefore I made a clean install of everything on a new drive and these errors are after the clean install straight to 11.2beta1.

Since I can't do anything in the beta that I need I will most likely downgrade later today.

Last edited:

Alecmascot

Guru
Well it is a Beta release what did you expect.

A Beta is released so that a wide range of testers can highlight bugs.
I hope you have officially documented what you have found so they can be rectified. Posting in the forum is not enough.

KrisBee

Wizard
@Alecmascot Is it your expectation that the devs would have thoroughly tested the code each is repsonsible before a BETA release, or just minimal testing or even no testing at all?

Alecmascot

Guru
They will not have the time or the resources to test every possible configuration.
They rely on the users to test in non-critical environments to identify any issues they have missed.
The idea that a Beta released should be used in a "production" environment is not one that would be endorsed by most IT people.

pomah

Explorer
Well it is a Beta release what did you expect.

A Beta is released so that a wide range of testers can highlight bugs.
I hope you have officially documented what you have found so they can be rectified. Posting in the forum is not enough.

It is funny how some people react, this forums is, and I will quote now: "Do you think you have found a bug in FreeNAS and want to discuss it before creating a support ticket? Please click here to report your bug"

I made a post where I showed some very basic functions that are not working. For me Alpha is early stage testing, most things can be broken, Beta is function freeze and verification of functions, RC is polishing and last checks. To have the whole jail system broken in beta and not given it a mention in the release notes to beta1 is for me not common for beta testing.

My hope for this thread was to see if the fact that I have not updated the zfs partition could in anyway effect the results and I for that matter should not report in these bugs.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
If everything is as broken as you say it is, something is wrong, probably with your setup. It wouldn't be the ZFS pool, because all new features are not even closely related to anything to do with jails.

Maybe we can get a clue of what's going on if we see the full tracebacks, but the short snippets you posted don't really help much.

pomah

Explorer
If everything is as broken as you say it is, something is wrong, probably with your setup. It wouldn't be the ZFS pool, because all new features are not even closely related to anything to do with jails.

Maybe we can get a clue of what's going on if we see the full tracebacks, but the short snippets you posted don't really help much.

Well here is the full info from me trying to install transmission plugin:

Code:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback: 
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
	r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 122, in main_worker
	res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
	return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 82, in _run
	return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 75, in _call
	return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 75, in _call
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 662, in nf
	return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 238, in fetch
	iocage.fetch(**options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/iocage.py", line 909, in fetch
	props, accept_license=accept, official=official)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 689, in fetch_plugin_index
	props, 0, accept_license)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 122, in fetch_plugin
	props, jail_name)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 303, in __fetch_plugin_create__
	exit_on_error=self.exit_on_error).create_jail()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_create.py", line 87, in create_jail
	return self._create_jail(jail_uuid, location)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_create.py", line 176, in _create_jail
	config = self.create_config(jail_uuid, cloned_release)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_create.py", line 507, in create_config
	jail_props = ioc_json.json_check_default_config()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_json.py", line 1761, in json_check_default_config
	self.json_write(default_props, default_json_location)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_json.py", line 426, in json_write
	json.dump(data, out, sort_keys=True, indent=4, ensure_ascii=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/contextlib.py", line 88, in __exit__
	next(self.gen)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_common.py", line 430, in open_atomic
	os.chmod(filepath, 0o644)
PermissionError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/mnt/wd/iocage/defaults.json'
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 332, in run
	await self.future
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 129, in throw
	return self.gen.throw(type, value, traceback)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 356, in __run_body
	rv = await self.middleware._call_worker(self.serviceobj, self.method_name, *self.args, job={'id': self.id})
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 977, in _call_worker
	job,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 908, in run_in_proc
	return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 902, in run_in_executor
	return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
PermissionError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/mnt/wd/iocage/defaults.json'

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
chmod seems to be failing. Is your jails dataset set to Windows permissions by any chance? That would explain the problem.

D

dlavigne

1. Please report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

2. ditto.

3. Which plugin?

4. what is bracula? (I assume you mean bacula?)

5. Please report the bug.

pomah

Explorer
chmod seems to be failing. Is your jails dataset set to Windows permissions by any chance? That would explain the problem.

Not that I can see
gQv97pu.png

1. Please report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

2. ditto.

3. Which plugin?

4. what is bracula? (I assume you mean bacula?)

5. Please report the bug.

https://i.imgur.com/gQv97pu.png

1) Ok

2) Ok

3) All I have tried...

4) The filter seems to be case sensitive, I will write a bug report later today, if I write ba, it will not show up, if I write Ba it will show up.

5) Ok

D

dlavigne

4) The filter seems to be case sensitive, I will write a bug report later today, if I write ba, it will not show up, if I write Ba it will show up.

Please report that as well.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
So it is set to restricted, despite the setting in the GUI. Be sure to include that bit of information in the bug report.

Last edited:

pomah

Explorer
So it is set to restricted, despite the setting in the GUI. Be sure to include that bit of information in the but report.

Any way to change it? It seems every other dataset has the possiblity to change permissions but this dataset has no such option...

To add to this, the main dataset, WD is set as having windows permissions.

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
zfs set aclmode=discard wd/iocage should do the trick.

pomah

Explorer
Ty, I can now create a jail, but I can not install any plugins...

sH1unKe.png

New error trying to install transmission:
Y5GquTq.png

Code:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback:
"""
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 1318, in do_open
	encode_chunked=req.has_header('Transfer-encoding'))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/http/client.py", line 1239, in request
	self._send_request(method, url, body, headers, encode_chunked)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/http/client.py", line 1285, in _send_request
	self.endheaders(body, encode_chunked=encode_chunked)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/http/client.py", line 1234, in endheaders
	self._send_output(message_body, encode_chunked=encode_chunked)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/http/client.py", line 1026, in _send_output
	self.send(msg)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/http/client.py", line 964, in send
	self.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/http/client.py", line 1392, in connect
	super().connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/http/client.py", line 936, in connect
	(self.host,self.port), self.timeout, self.source_address)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/socket.py", line 704, in create_connection
	for res in getaddrinfo(host, port, 0, SOCK_STREAM):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/socket.py", line 745, in getaddrinfo
	for res in _socket.getaddrinfo(host, port, family, type, proto, flags):
socket.gaierror: [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
	r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 122, in main_worker
	res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
	return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 82, in _run
	return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 662, in nf
	return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 238, in fetch
	iocage.fetch(**options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/iocage.py", line 909, in fetch
	props, accept_license=accept, official=official)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 689, in fetch_plugin_index
	props, 0, accept_license)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 125, in fetch_plugin
	self.__fetch_plugin_post_install__(conf, _conf, jaildir, jail_name)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage/lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 514, in __fetch_plugin_post_install__
	outstream=devnull, errstream=devnull)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/dulwich/porcelain.py", line 310, in clone
	progress=errstream.write)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/dulwich/client.py", line 363, in fetch
	progress)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/dulwich/client.py", line 1398, in fetch_pack
	b"git-upload-pack", url)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/dulwich/client.py", line 1282, in _discover_references
	resp, read = self._http_request(url, headers, allow_compression=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/dulwich/client.py", line 1261, in _http_request
	resp = self.opener.open(req)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 526, in open
	response = self._open(req, data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 544, in _open
	'_open', req)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 504, in _call_chain
	result = func(*args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 1361, in https_open
	context=self._context, check_hostname=self._check_hostname)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/urllib/request.py", line 1320, in do_open
	raise URLError(err)
urllib.error.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known>
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 332, in run
	await self.future
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 356, in __run_body
	rv = await self.middleware._call_worker(self.serviceobj, self.method_name, *self.args, job={'id': self.id})
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 977, in _call_worker
	job,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 908, in run_in_proc
	return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 902, in run_in_executor
	return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
urllib.error.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known>

Status
Not open for further replies.