Installation problem with FreeNAS-8.2.0-BETA1-x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

macekw

Cadet
Hi,

With GUI, I tried to upgrade from FreeNAS-8.0.4-x64 to FreeNAS-8.2.0-BETA1-x64. When trying to boot my PC I get 'geometry does not match label'.
Same happens when i tried fresh install on USB (tried it with physdiskwrite as well as rawrite32). When I rollback to FreeNAS-8.0.4, problem does not exist.
No matter if I choose to upgrade or perform a fresh install, I can't get new release to work.
Does anybody experience similar issue? Any workaround?
Thanks
-macekw

fromm

Cadet
Same problem here. I can start the server by pressing ? and then specifify:
ufs:/dev/ufs/FreeNASs1a

I think the USB is discovered too late in the boot process, which causes the hang, however I have no previous experience with BSD. When starting the server with this command, everything seem to work, and the configuration is saved between reboots.

I can live with this for now, and hope that the issue is fixed in the first real shot of the BETA (The plugin feature is worth the hassle for me)

My error log looks like:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/WM9C8wMDZp1_3xJLSVoYXdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

fromm

Cadet
Have you tried installing from the ISO, that worked for me.

I get the error, regardless of using the ISO or the GUI update (and also regardless of using x64 or x86)

It always boots correct the first time after install, but then after the automatic reset it hangs again

macekw

Cadet

After I tried manual mounting the bootup went through. thanks fromm for the tip!
I will wait for a fix. Hopefully with next beta release

zyo

Dabbler
I get the error, regardless of using the ISO or the GUI update (and also regardless of using x64 or x86)

It always boots correct the first time after install, but then after the automatic reset it hangs again

Thats EXACTLY what happened to me as well. After the reset its stuck on that screen.

rukunas

Cadet

This worked for me:

1) press "?" without quotes to get to the prompt
2) in the prompt enter your usb device where FreeNAS is: "ufs:/dev/da0s1a" (again, remove quotes)
3) press enter

If all goes well and you don't get a kernel panic, after a while you should see the familiar screen menu.

cubix

I'd like to report that this issue no longer occurs for me on 8.2.0-b2. However both betas don't seem to like my config db and bork the install.

zyo

Dabbler
I also would like to confirm the problem has been resolved in BETA2.

Although I think the way to setup plugins is a bit fiddly(maybe its just me being picky)

fungle69

Cadet
I have the same problem (geometry does not match label) trying to upgrade from 8.0.4 to 8.2 beta 2 with GUI upgrade. Upgrade failed to start and system revert to 8.0.4 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.