CIFs stopped working after volume reached 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

conradb

Cadet
I have 3 mountpoints shared for Windows etc via CIFS only, but while copying files onto /mnt/disk3 it filled up, and disconnected me (Android mobile). Yes I was copying files over wifi. I am now also unable to connect from Windows either.
I have restarted it, and also checked that guest access is enabled and restarted for luck, no joy - it might be a log filling up or other, where do I go to unblock myself?

Build FreeNAS-9.10.1 (d989edd)
Platform Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1610T @ 2.30GHz
Memory 3904MB
At the minimum, can I open the console and move files from /mnt/disk3 to /mnt/disk1 via console manually perhaps?

I enabled FTP, and aside from a curious glitch (it lists some hidden files) the first time I listed the ftp folder, ftp works just fine, hope that's a clue.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Side note: your system does not meet minimum requirements.

What is it that filled up? A dataset? A pool?

Please post as much information as possible, to increase the chances of someone being able to help you.

conradb

Cadet
Hi Robert. I solved it by removing files from the full disk and rebooting. I won't go over 90% again and forget. 100% happy.

Not sure how the machine is below spec to run? I'm probably on an old version but for me it has been running for some time now just fine.

melloa

Wizard
Check the subject: "after volume reached 100%"

With ZFS you shouldn't use more than 80% - 85%.

I won't go over 90% again and forget.

See above.

conradb

Cadet
Ah yes.
Makes sense. I was over committed because it is a compressed volume. Hence igoring the alert when I hit 80% was my misstep. Now. If only fixing the usb mass storage problem on Windows was this easy, I would have finished my day even happier.

melloa

Wizard
Status
Not open for further replies.