CIFS Permission issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

seer_tenedos

Dabbler
I am trying to do something very simple which make all my shares save saves in permission 777. Basically i have a number of apps/ plugins in freenas accessing these files as well as users accessing them over shares and unless the files are 777 issues for write access keep happening. The issue i have is that no matter what setting i set in CIFS the best i can get is new files created as root/wheel and permissions -rwxr-xr-x not -rwxrwxrwx. I need to try to resolve this urgently and running chmod -R 777 * all the time is impractical.

The root folders are all 777. I have tried with both inherit permissions on and off with no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have been stopping and starting CIFS service between changes to make sure they have been applied. and my create file and folder marks in CIFS setup are 0777.

EDIT
Forgot to mention i am using FreeNAS 8.2.0-RC1

NeilP

Dabbler
where do you find that setting? I am having similar problems getting any new shares recognised in the Mac..

seer_tenedos

Dabbler
under the volume there are permissions and in there you will fine "Type of ACL" set it to windows and then i found the settings in CIFS then work correctly. Read somewhere that v28 of ZFS is meant to fix the issue.

NeilP

Dabbler
Hi thanks

won't get a chance to test it though, FreeNAS 8 not for me..gone up and back to the 'original' FreeNAS, now called NAS4Free. More suitable for my older hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.