Copy Paste From Windows to CIFS share

Status
Not open for further replies.

cincibcat9

Dabbler
I am having an issue copying and pasting a folder and its contents from Windows to a CIFS share. I get an error not enough permissions to perform this operation. I have the volume access as 777, which was applied recursively. The share has inherit owner, permissions and ACLs.

If I create a folder on the share and then paste the contents into the new folder, I dont have any issues.

Any ideas on what might be configured incorrectly?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
You have omitted quite a bit of information. Please as a minimum list version of windows, version of freenas.

Have you set up share definition access controls?
i.e. added something like "valid users = @group" to auxiliary parameters in share configuration.

Does the problem persist if you use IP address instead of hostname in windows explorer?
i.e. "\\192.0.2.1\SHARE" vs. "\\freenas\SHARE\"

cincibcat9

Dabbler
FreeNAS-9.2.1.3-RELEASE-x64
Windows 8.1

I have not added anything to hosts allow, hosts deny, or auxiliary parameters.

I will test this share ip vs hostname later when I get home.

qwerion

Dabbler
From the shell, do a getfacl and report those results. "Correct" unix permissions via chmod are no longer sufficient for Windows shares with the latest versions of samba packaged with FreeNAS. You need the correct extended ACLs (via setfacl) to be set. Furthermore, it seems on some of our installs (eg/mine), using chmod actually wipes out some extended ACL settings even if they were set properly.

See the thread right below and the report it references (see #25 in that report) for more details.

cincibcat9

Dabbler
Here is the output for the 'files' share:

[root@freenas /mnt/Volume0]# ls -ld files/
drwxrwxr-x 6 root family 8 Apr 28 20:08 files/

[root@freenas /mnt/Volume0]# getfacl files/
# file: files/
# owner: root
# group: family
owner@:rwxp--aARWcCos:------:allow
group@:rwxp--a-R-c--s:------:allow
everyone@:r-x---a-R-c--s:------:allow

LAYGO

Explorer
From the shell, do a getfacl and report those results. "Correct" unix permissions via chmod are no longer sufficient for Windows shares with the latest versions of samba packaged with FreeNAS. You need the correct extended ACLs (via setfacl) to be set. Furthermore, it seems on some of our installs (eg/mine), using chmod actually wipes out some extended ACL settings even if they were set properly.

See the thread right below and the report it references (see #25 in that report) for more details.

I was able to resolve my CIFS share write issues using this link from qwerion's post:
http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/bitten-by-bug-4151.19112/

YESSSSSS!

Status
Not open for further replies.