Cheers from North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

one800higgins

Dabbler
Cheers!

I'm in the process of making the leap into the FreeNAS world. I just posted a build thread explaining my setup and the needs I have for this build.

On a personal level, I am a software developer who's been building and tinkering with computers since I was a kid. This is my first foray into proper server-grade builds, albeit on a consumer level, and I'm enjoying seeing how it all differs. I know my way around servers from a software side of things, so getting a proper headless server up and running in my house has me pretty stoked.

Also, living in NC I now have Google Fiber doing construction near my house and TWC hustling to dump higher speeds on the city with TWC Maxx. This just gives me so much more room to do things with a server, so now felt like a perfect time to make the leap.

Anyway, greetings!

Welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Welcome.
I now have Google Fiber doing construction near my house and TWC hustling to dump higher speeds on the city with TWC Maxx.
Could you send them my way when they're done? Pretty sick of DSL being the only option around here ...

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Cheers!

I'm in the process of making the leap into the FreeNAS world. I just posted a build thread explaining my setup and the needs I have for this build.

On a personal level, I am a software developer who's been building and tinkering with computers since I was a kid. This is my first foray into proper server-grade builds, albeit on a consumer level, and I'm enjoying seeing how it all differs. I know my way around servers from a software side of things, so getting a proper headless server up and running in my house has me pretty stoked.

Also, living in NC I now have Google Fiber doing construction near my house and TWC hustling to dump higher speeds on the city with TWC Maxx. This just gives me so much more room to do things with a server, so now felt like a perfect time to make the leap.

Anyway, greetings!
What part of NC has Google Fiber now? Wake County? Mecklenberg? Orange? Durham?

I just need one more reason to move back to North Carolina. That might do it!

one800higgins

Dabbler
What part of NC has Google Fiber now? Wake County? Mecklenberg? Orange? Durham?

I just need one more reason to move back to North Carolina. That might do it!
None yet and it'll probably be about a year before it starts rolling out, hence why TWC is trying to salvage customers by bumping the city up to MAXX prior to Google's rollout.

However, construction in North Charlotte started 2-3 months ago. I'm sure Raleigh has construction underway as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.