Checksum Mismatches after install verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baenwort

Explorer
After the most recent update (201503170439) I get the following error when I verify the install:

The following Inconsistencies were found in your Current Install:

List of Checksum Mismatches:

/conf/base/etc/resolv.conf
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.16/man/whatis

I haven't noticed any issues but it may just be my newness that has led me to overlook one.

I'd like to just fix the files but after rolling back to the previous boot snapshot and updating again I get the same two files failing the verification.

What else can I do?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Probably bad USB drive. You can replace it with a new one to fix the problem. Or just try a fresh install on the same stick and see if the problem comes back.

Spud

Contributor
After the most recent update (201503170439) I get the following error when I verify the install:

I haven't noticed any issues but it may just be my newness that has led me to overlook one.

I'd like to just fix the files but after rolling back to the previous boot snapshot and updating again I get the same two files failing the verification.

What else can I do?

I'm having the same problem, goes away if I roll back to an earlier version though

Baenwort

Explorer
Probably bad USB drive. You can replace it with a new one to fix the problem. Or just try a fresh install on the same stick and see if the problem comes back.

I have a pair of mirrored USB sticks for the boot pool and they pass their scrub just fine. Both show healthy with no errors of any kind after the scrub.

I'm having the same problem, goes away if I roll back to an earlier version though

I'm seeing the same thing when I roll back to an earlier boot snapshot. When I update after the roll back the same files fail the verification process.

Anyone have any repair steps?

Spud

Contributor
I have a pair of mirrored USB sticks for the boot pool and they pass their scrub just fine. Both show healthy with no errors of any kind after the scrub.

I'm seeing the same thing when I roll back to an earlier boot snapshot. When I update after the roll back the same files fail the verification process.

Anyone have any repair steps?

Yeah I don't think we all have bad USB sticks.

I was thinking about rolling back to a healthy snapshot and waiting for another update to see if I get the same error.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
The resolv.conf can be ignored.

Not sure about the whatis file. But I wouldn't worry about it too much. The Verify Install is still "in testing" because some files have to be excluded.

alexhaj

Cadet
what about this file that I am getting an error with with a mirrored boot drive:

The following Inconsistencies were found in your Current Install:

List of Checksum Mismatches:

/conf/base/etc/local/default/grub

contents of that file from github show that it was not edited for two years:
https://github.com/freenas/freenas/blob/master/src/freenas/usr/local/etc/default/grub

the first line in github is this:
GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT=console

On my local machine it shows it was modified a couple of days ago and the first line is (Everything else is the same):
GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT=gfxterm

Now the modification date seems to coincide with perhaps the first bootup after a fresh install.

Does this make sense? Should that header have changed by itself?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.