Catalog empty, cannot create new Docker applications: Error: [ENOENT] Unable to locate "ix-chart" catalog item.

ivy

Dabbler
Hi there,

I recently tried to create a Docker application, but I'm getting the following error:
Error: [ENOENT] Unable to locate "ix-chart" catalog item.

I also noticed that the catalogs page is now empty. This happened after an outage of my DNS server.

How can I restore the catalog and the "ix-chart" catalog item? I found a GitHub repo for the charts, but I'm not sure how to use it.

System info in signature.

Thanks so much!

ivy

Dabbler
It seems to have resolved itself after waiting a while... This can be closed.

ornias

Wizard
catalogs page? I think you mean apps page?
Because multiple catalogs (and associated catalogs page) hasn't been implemented yet

You don't need to do anything to restore but a reboot might speed up automatic recovery.

ivy

Dabbler
catalogs page? I think you mean apps page?
Because multiple catalogs (and associated catalogs page) hasn't been implemented yet

You don't need to do anything to restore but a reboot might speed up automatic recovery.

Apps page, yes.

The problem did go away fairly quickly, but now I've been having another (similar) problem for a couple of days. A reboot isn't fixing it.

Code:
Error: 
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/mnt/apps/ix-applications/catalogs/github_com_truenas_charts_git/library/common/item.yaml

I'm unable to control my running applications from the GUI.

ornias

Wizard
Code:
Error:
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/mnt/apps/ix-applications/catalogs/github_com_truenas_charts_git/library/common/item.yaml

I'm unable to control my running applications from the GUI.
Yeah, there are some breaking changes in preparation of the next alpha in a few weeks.

ivy

Dabbler
If anyone else is having the same problem, it can be fixed temporarily by running the following command in the /mnt/[your apps pool]/ix-applications/catalogs/github_com_truenas_charts_git/ directory:

Code:
git checkout release-21.01

moplord

Cadet
I have same problem with you. I can contral my exist docker container on web after I use 'git checkout release-21.01' in 'github_com_truenas_charts_git/ '.But when I reboot my NAS, I need type it again to solve this problem. And I can't creat a new one,it tell me 'Error: [EINVAL] restartPolicy: Field was not expected' when I submit.

ornias

Wizard
I have same problem with you. I can contral my exist docker container on web after I use 'git checkout release-21.01' in 'github_com_truenas_charts_git/ '.But when I reboot my NAS, I need type it again to solve this problem. And I can't creat a new one,it tell me 'Error: [EINVAL] restartPolicy: Field was not expected' when I submit.
Above command isn't going to fix it and might even break things.
Just be patient and wait a few weeks, thats alpha for you.