Can't set up anonymous access in CIFS - 9.2.1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spence1799

Cadet
So I'll start off by admitting I'm pretty noobish when it comes to complex networking, servers, NAS, etc. My expertise is mostly been building office/gaming computers, setting up basic home networks and so on.

I'm setting up a small business NAS. I've installed 9.2.1.2 and I'm trying to set up sharing. There will be about five people accessing the NAS, and I don't need any sort of complex permissions. I just want a standard, "everyone has viewing/read/write access".

I followed the manual in trying to set up anonymous access (which I assume is what I want). However, I can't add any files to the NAS. I get a "You need permission to perform this action" when trying to transfer over something.

I did some searching on the forums, but couldn't find anything to help me. The only option in the manual which doesn't appear in 9.2.1.2 is step 4, "set Authentication Model: Anonymous". It appears this checkbox was removed in the latest build?

As I said, I'm pretty noobish when it comes to this sort of stuff, so I apologize for the need for a bit of hand-holding. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT- I remembered the other configuration option I was fuzzy on-

"Hosts Allow: add the addresses which are allowed to connect to the share; acceptable formats are the network or subnet address with CIDR mask (e.g. 192.168.2.0/24 or 192.168.2.32/27) or specific host IP addresses, one address per line"

If I want to set a range of IP addresses for a standard home router, would I need to put 192.168.0.0/24? I don't set any specific IP addresses through the router, I just let them be assigned by it.

Should I be doing something different here as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.