Cant save, permission denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEvinn

Dabbler
hi,

Im trying to set up this owncloud app here but i cant manage to change the 513M upload cap in the .htaccess file via SSH even tho my user has permission at least i think he does. What am i doing wrong here ?

Code:
[kevin@freenas] ~/owncloud_1/usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud% vi .htaccess

# Version: 8.2.1
<IfModule mod_headers.c>
  <IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
    <IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
       SetEnvIfNoCase ^Authorization$ "(.+)" XAUTHORIZATION=$1
       RequestHeader set XAuthorization %{XAUTHORIZATION}e env=XAUTHORIZATION
    </IfModule>
  </IfModule>

<IfModule mod_env.c>
    # Add security and privacy related headers
    Header set X-Content-Type-Options "nosniff"
    Header set X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block"
    Header set X-Robots-Tag "none"
    Header set X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN"
    SetEnv modHeadersAvailable true
  </IfModule>

# Add cache control for CSS and JS files
  <FilesMatch "\.(css|js)$">
    Header set Cache-Control "max-age=7200, public"
  </FilesMatch>
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
  php_value upload_max_filesize 51M
  t
:hp_value post_max_size 513M
  php_value memory_limit 512M
  php_value mbstring.func_overload 0
  php_value always_populate_raw_post_data -1
  php_value default_charset 'UTF-8'
  php_value output_buffering 0
  <IfModule mod_env.c>
    SetEnv htaccessWorking true
  </IfModule>
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteRule .* - [env=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
  RewriteRule ^\.well-known/host-meta /public.php?service=host-meta [QSA,L]
  RewriteRule ^\.well-known/host-meta\.json /public.php?service=host-meta-json [QSA,L]
  RewriteRule ^\.well-known/carddav /remote.php/carddav/ [R=301,L]
  RewriteRule ^\.well-known/caldav /remote.php/caldav/ [R=301,L]
  RewriteRule ^apps/calendar/caldav\.php remote.php/caldav/ [QSA,L]
  RewriteRule ^apps/contacts/carddav\.php remote.php/carddav/ [QSA,L]
  RewriteRule ^remote/(.*) remote.php [QSA,L]
  RewriteRule ^(build|tests|config|lib|3rdparty|templates)/.* - [R=404,L]
  RewriteRule ^(\.|autotest|occ|issue|indie|db_|console).* - [R=404,L]
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_mime.c>
  AddType image/svg+xml svg svgz
  AddEncoding gzip svgz
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
:q!

Schermafbeelding 2016-03-06 om 22.43.37.png

Before i use :Q! to quit i used :w to save the changes but it wont let me due tho permission issues.

btw--> in this particular file i didnt change the upload cap, i just typed random shit so i could just test if it would save or not ;)

any tips would be appreciated.

How are you getting to the file, SSH to the FreeNAS and then navigate, SSH to the FreeNAS then enter the jail with jexec. You can access the file in question either way. If you SSH directly to the FreeNAS when you get to the location of the file and do a

ls -l

my guess is that it will not have the owner you think.

Plus the ownership you are changing is for only the dataset and it is not recursive so it will not necessarily cover everything. I would suggest that you change it back or start over.

Then when you need to modify the file in question navigate to it from the FreeNAS SSH and not the Jail SSH or after jexec. After that see if you can make the changes, if not chown it make the changes then chown it back to it's previous ownership. You MAY also have to chmod it to make the modifications, you will not be able to do that via the GUI.

Disclaimer:
You will be mucking around in the command line so anything you do wrong is on you, I am not doing it and anything that happens from your cat having puppies to global warming due to your actions I am not responsible for.

KEvinn

Dabbler
Yep user kevin wasn't the owner user www was. So i chown in to kevin made the changes and chown it back to www and everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the tip, now i know how to actually check who the owner is.

I appreciatie ur help

LOL, I went through a few issues trying to get permissions straight for Plex to be able to delete files that were either duplicate or not what I wanted. My music library was a lot of stuff from multiple different sources and some I had no idea why I even had it. It's a lot easier to tell Plex to delete then search for it in a myriad of folders.

Glad I was able to help though.

KEvinn

Dabbler
i have the exact same problem never knew why but now with this discovery it makes sense, my next step is to give plex the right permissions to del the files cause it is in deed a pain in the but to del the files.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
If you change the permissions or of a jail like you did in that screenshot you will break the jail. Services will stop working correctly. Don't ever do that.
In owncloud did you try changing the upload size on the Admin Page > File Handling?

KEvinn

Dabbler
If you change the permissions or of a jail like you did in that screenshot you will break the jail. Services will stop working correctly. Don't ever do that.
In owncloud did you try changing the upload size on the Admin Page > File Handling?

Thanks for u reply. Nightshade already helped me out, i needed to change it in the .htaccess file would work in the admin page. Thx for the tip tho ill keep it in mind

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks for u reply. Nightshade already helped me out, i needed to change it in the .htaccess file would work in the admin page. Thx for the tip tho ill keep it in mind
I'm surprised your install is still working, lol. K goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.