Cant reach Jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam1997ABC

Dabbler
Hello guys so basically im trying to access my Jails trough SSH with Putty. The problem is i cant connect to it. I tried to ping the Jail from my PC and from the FreeNas. But neater of them succeeded. Ty for the fast reply

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
A little advice:
When asking for help on a forum, give AS MUCH detail as you can.

You have provided no information at all (basically ignoring the forum rules), and given us no details to your configuration.

noobnas

Dabbler
Do you have your jails set to DHCP? Did you mess with any of the network settings in the advanced section?

adam1997ABC

Dabbler
Do you have your jails set to DHCP? Did you mess with any of the network settings in the advanced section?
I turned on DHCP and now i can ping it from the FreeNas. But i still cant ping it from the PC or connect trough SSH

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I turned on DHCP and now i can ping it from the FreeNas. But i still cant ping it from the PC or connect trough SSH
Is ssh enabled in the jail? It isn't by default.

Did you click the 'NAT' option on your jail settings?

What version of freenas?

What is your network layout?

Details.

adam1997ABC

Dabbler
A little advice:
When asking for help on a forum, give AS MUCH detail as you can.

You have provided no information at all (basically ignoring the forum rules), and given us no details to your configuration.

Here are the Configurations of the Jails. If you would need something more tell me i can send it too. Im just not sure where can be the problem.

Attachments

• freenas1.png
    freenas1.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 249
  • freenas2.png
    freenas2.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 268

noobnas

Dabbler
Here are the Configurations of the Jails. If you would need something more tell me i can send it too. Im just not sure where can be the problem.
I know it's set to DHCP, but is the gateway correct? I'm making a lot of assumptions, but the 192.168.100.140 address is a strange gateway IP unless your manually configured your router to be at that address. Out of curiosity what happens if you create a new jail? I'm curious if you can reach a newly created jail.

adam1997ABC

Dabbler
Is ssh enabled in the jail? It isn't by default.

Did you click the 'NAT' option on your jail settings?

What version of freenas?

What is your network layout?

Details.

1. Yes it is
2. Yes i checked still the same problem
3. 9.3 Stable

Attachments

• freenas3.png
    freenas3.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 249

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I Tried everything. I m running it on Virtual Box btw. Not sure witch IP should i use as gateway. :/ Maybe that's the problem but non of them works
Your nic in vbox should be bridged to your computer's nic and your gateway for Plex and the jails would be the same as your PCs gateway aka your router internal IP address

adam1997ABC

Dabbler
Your nic in vbox should be bridged to your computer's nic and your gateway for Plex and the jails would be the same as your PCs gateway aka your router internal IP address
It is bridged to my computers nic and the gateway was the same as the plex gateway i can reach the plex but i still cant reach the jail :/

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
It is bridged to my computers nic and the gateway was the same as the plex gateway i can reach the plex but i still cant reach the jail :/
You have a fundamentally broken network setup. Your PC isn't the gateway for the Plex server or freenas. Your router would be your gateway

adam1997ABC

Dabbler
You have a fundamentally broken network setup. Your PC isn't the gateway for the Plex server or freenas. Your router would be your gateway
Ok I have created a new jail and everything is going ok but i log in to my created user which i created in the shell. And when i log in and try to run command "pkg update" it says i have no permission for it. I am using Putty and i added te user to the wheel group. I wanted to use the default Log in what i use for loggin in to free nas "Root" It says "Access denied" when i type the password

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Ok I have created a new jail and everything is going ok but i log in to my created user which i created in the shell. And when i log in and try to run command "pkg update" it says i have no permission for it. I am using Putty and i added te user to the wheel group. I wanted to use the default Log in what i use for loggin in to free nas "Root" It says "Access denied" when i type the password
Login to freenas SSH with root.
Jls
Jexec numberofjail tcsh

Pkg update && pkg upgrade'

You shouldn't be doing this from another account

adam1997ABC

Dabbler
Login to freenas SSH with root.
Jls
Jexec numberofjail tcsh

Pkg update && pkg upgrade'

You shouldn't be doing this from another account
I know i shouldnt be doing this from another account but I cant get into Root. Thats why i created the user. I dont know why but when i try to log in as root it does not accept the password and i typed it correctly

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I know i shouldnt be doing this from another account but I cant get into Root. Thats why i created the user. I dont know why but when i try to log in as root it does not accept the password and i typed it correctly
Don't you think you should worry about fixing this before messing with jails? I mean, if you can't login as root to the console session, you have bigger issues than jails not being able to get anywhere.

adam1997ABC

Dabbler
Don't you think you should worry about fixing this before messing with jails? I mean, if you can't login as root to the console session, you have bigger issues than jails not being able to get anywhere.
My only problem is now that i cant log in to the Jail via SSH putty with the root account. I can log in to the plex i have no problem with that. Dont i have to add the root user to the Jail ? or something like that ?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
My only problem is now that i cant log in to the Jail via SSH putty with the root account. I can log in to the plex i have no problem with that. Dont i have to add the root user to the Jail ? or something like that ?
what? no.

I literally told you how to log into your jail.

ssh root@freenasIP
jls
jexec <numberofjail> tcsh

that is it....you are now root inside your jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.