Can't populate the list of available plugins in FreeNas 11.2

Nabreus

Cadet
Hello!

Today I reinstalled FreeNas on 2 fresh larger and better quality USB drives. I setup my datasets, shares, group and users fine.
Hardware:
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220T CPU
- Asus P8H61-I LX R2.0
- 8 Gb RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 Mhz
- 3 Seagate IronWolf 4 TB in RaidZ (1 drive for redundancy).

Then, I wanted to install Plex. On my first try, the list of available plugins shows fine. I then click on the 3 dots and the install for Plex Media Server. The install got stuck at 50% while displaying the message: "Release 11.2-RELEASE missing, will attempt to fetch it". The problems seemed similar to this one except that I didn't get log out and remained on the available plugin page with the installation pop-up. I decided to refresh the FreeNas UI.
After the refresh, I see that the iocage dataset has been created and that plex is running. Unsure if the installation went properly I decided to uninstall and reinstall plex. I used the UI to stop and then uninstall plex. Then I cleaned the iocage with the command "iocage clean -a" and finally I deleted the iocage dataset.

Then, I clicked on Jails > Config > Activate to reactivate the jails in the pool. The iocage dataset is up. But now, when I click on Plugins > Available, I get a very long loading followed by the error message, and 0 plugins in the list:

Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128) cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git /mnt/NAS101/iocage/.plugin_index stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/NAS101/iocage/.plugin_index'... fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git/': Failed to connect to github.com port 443: Operation timed out '

In Network > Global configuration, the IPv4 default gateway is set at 192.168.1.101 / as on the DHCP server of my BBOX:

Capture.PNG

I guess I somehow borke the internet connection from my NAS to the oustide world. If I got to System > Update and refresh to look for new updates, I get the following error:

HTTPSConnectionPool(host='update-master.ixsystems.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /FreeNAS/trains.txt (Caused by ConnectTimeoutError(urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x81ee39f28, 'Connection to update-master.ixsystems.com timed out. (connect timeout=10)')): Automatic update check failed. Please check system network settings.

And finally, if I ping google.com through the shell, I get:

Capture2.PNG

Thanks for the help :)

Full traceback of the plugins > available error:
Code:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 1269, in _clone_repo
    repo = git.Repo(destination)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/git/repo/base.py", line 124, in __init__
    raise NoSuchPathError(epath)
git.exc.NoSuchPathError: /mnt/NAS101/iocage/.plugin_index

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 636, in __clone_pull_plugin_index
    self._clone_repo(self.branch, git_server, git_working_dir, callback=self.callback)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 1307, in _clone_repo
    k: v for k, v in kwargs.items() if v
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/git/repo/base.py", line 982, in clone_from
    return cls._clone(git, url, to_path, GitCmdObjectDB, progress, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/git/repo/base.py", line 933, in _clone
    finalize_process(proc, stderr=stderr)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/git/util.py", line 336, in finalize_process
    proc.wait(**kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/git/cmd.py", line 418, in wait
    raise GitCommandError(self.args, status, errstr)
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128)
  cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git /mnt/NAS101/iocage/.plugin_index
  stderr: 'Cloning into '/mnt/NAS101/iocage/.plugin_index'...
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git/': Failed to connect to github.com port 443: Operation timed out
'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
    r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 133, in main_worker
    res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 484, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 93, in _run
    return await self._call(name, serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 85, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 85, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 544, in list_resource
    header=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 914, in fetch
    icon=True, official=official)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 654, in fetch_plugin_index
    self.__clone_pull_plugin_index()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 643, in __clone_pull_plugin_index
    _callback=self.callback)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 90, in logit
    _callback(content, exception)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 64, in callback
    raise callback_exception(message)
RuntimeError: Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128)
  cmdline: git clone -v https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git /mnt/NAS101/iocage/.plugin_index
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git/': Failed to connect to github.com port 443: Operation timed out
'
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 165, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1107, in call_method
    return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1052, in _call
    return await self._call_worker(name, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1072, in _call_worker
    return await self.run_in_proc(main_worker, name, args, job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 995, in run_in_proc
    return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 971, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
RuntimeError: Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(128)
'

NASAdmin40

Cadet
Hello Nabreus,
I am Lewis and very new to FreeNas. I have just recently installed and have access to FreeNas from another machine and everything seems to be fine except for Plugins, updating, jails...
I think I may have the same issue you had so I was wondering if you could tell me how you reinstalled the boot drive?
Thanks in advance.

Nabreus

Cadet
I just reinstalled FreeNas from scratch as I did the first time... There was probably a smarter fix, but I am not familiar enough with unix systems.