Can't open Office previous versions, others files open fine. TrueNAS-13.0-U5.1

lhutson

Cadet
Hello TrueNAS community. New here, 1st post. My issue is I can't open Word or Excel previous file versions, others files open fine. Word or Excel files get a "Couldn't Open" error. Exact same problem as in this Since FreeNAS 11.3 Can't use "previous version" with only Ms Office Files post.

Screenshot 2023-06-25 152158.png

I can drag and drop from the previous version window like in the above thread and they open fine. I checked the bug report posted in that thread and said it was fixed in version 12. I've searched and can't find any other posts with this same issue. Thanks in advance for the help!

lhutson

Cadet
I've tried 3 different versions of microsoft office, 2007, 2016, 2019. I also tried libre office and they open just fine. I've tried all the trust center settings and still nothing.

lhutson

Cadet
PM me a debug please. Your posts are unclear as to which versions work and which ones don't. Please clarify.
I pm'd u the Debug. Sorry for not being clear, I'll explain better. I didn't go into great detail because the previous thread and bug report that I linked to described my issue perfectly. My issue is when trying to view previous file versions saved on my TrueNAS using windows (right click, restore previous versions) I get a cant open error if the file is being opened using Microsoft Word or Excel. If I drag and drop the file from the previous version window it will open as intended. I installed Libre Office to test and the files open fine from previous files window when using Libre. I tried installing different versions of Microsoft Office and they all had the same issue. I also tried on a different system with a fresh windows 11 install and I have the same issue. Personally I don't have a problem dragging to open but others using the system are making a mess doing it that way. Thanks for the help.