Can't find NFS share from Windows 10 Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping someone has a tip for me. I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Enterprise and enabled the client services for NFS, but I am getting errors when trying to mount the drive with the mount command.

C:\Users\bb>mount -u:### -p:### consus.elysium.cloud:/mnt/filepath M:
Network Error - 53 (The network path was not found)

The hostname resolves to an IP using nslookup, and substituting the IP produces the same error.

I can access a CIFS share from the same server and I had no trouble mounting the NFS share from CentOS 7, but windows is being a pain. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm stuck!

JDCynical

Contributor
Firewall on the windows 10 machine turned off?

jgreco

Resident Grinch
but windows is being a pain. Has anyone else had this issue?

An issue with Windows being a pain? Hell yes.

Does sound like a firewall issue. Might want to watch what's going on from the FreeNAS side with tcpdump.

Client for NFS is marked allow on all networks, but I haven't tried shutting the firewall off entirely. I'll try when I get back home just to be sure.

I have tried everything that hours and hours of google searches suggested, disabling the firewall, registry edits, changing provider order - nothing worked. Then suddenly my centos machines couldnt reconnect after a reboot. I enabled NFSv4 and they could connect again, but still no windows connections. Somewhere in this process I rebooted the FreeNAS box (very nicely from the webgui) and all my plugins now serve only error pages, even after reinstalling them.

Now several days later I have given up and was considering a reinstall of FreeNAS or trying a different NAS OS, but as an afterthought I just tried to mount it again and IT JUST !#(*$ING WORKS THE FIRST TIME!

I don't understand...

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I have tried everything that hours and hours of google searches suggested, disabling the firewall, registry edits, changing provider order - nothing worked. Then suddenly my centos machines couldnt reconnect after a reboot. I enabled NFSv4 and they could connect again, but still no windows connections. Somewhere in this process I rebooted the FreeNAS box (very nicely from the webgui) and all my plugins now serve only error pages, even after reinstalling them.

Now several days later I have given up and was considering a reinstall of FreeNAS or trying a different NAS OS, but as an afterthought I just tried to mount it again and IT JUST !#(*$ING WORKS THE FIRST TIME!

I don't understand...

The computers hate you. Hate them right back. It makes you feel better and then one day you start fondling the 5 pound sledge....

The computers hate you. Hate them right back. It makes you feel better and then one day you start fondling the 5 pound sledge....
That reminds me of one time when I was a kid. I heard a loud commotion outside, and looked out the window. My father was completely destroying a power saw with a 10 lb sledge hammer. The power saw had become very difficult to start, and on this day he had finally had enough. There were power saw pieces flying all over the yard. That saw never gave him a bit of trouble again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.