Can't edit a virtual guest's memory settings (or anything)

btenison

Cadet
After upgrading to TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1 (may have also been in a previous version as I don't use Virtualization that much) I can no longer edit things like memory allocation to the guest server. I tried renaming a machine, changing the memory sizes, etc. After saving I get the "VM updated successfully." alert at the top, but when I check the settings again, nothing has changed. Anyone experience this? Any thoughts?

XNDLT

Cadet
After upgrading to TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.1 (may have also been in a previous version as I don't use Virtualization that much) I can no longer edit things like memory allocation to the guest server. I tried renaming a machine, changing the memory sizes, etc. After saving I get the "VM updated successfully." alert at the top, but when I check the settings again, nothing has changed. Anyone experience this? Any thoughts?
I'm currently facing the same situation, can't change any of my VM settings.

morfeus02

Cadet
I'm having the same issue since i upgraded too. I also have issues with the network configuration (LAGG stopped working and can't be configured again + interfaces changed name)

morfeus02

Cadet
i tried rolling back to 23.10.0.1, network issue was fixed but VM issue was not.
I found a temporary fix though, i edited the values in the VM, then went to devices and edited a device (put a password on the Display device) and saved. This for whatever reason made persistent the changes in the VM.

SRL

Cadet
I am experiencing this same issue. Cannot save any changes of the base settings despite getting the message saying the changes were made successfully.

justink101

Cadet
What's the status on this? Once I create a VM I can't edit it. I have to delete and create it from scratch. Running the latest stable version of TrueNAS Scale.

NoxiousPluK

Cadet

csjjpm

Contributor
Thank you that is really helpful, i've been able to adjust the RAM on my VMs.

The James

Cadet
Code:
midclt call vm.query | jq
midclt call vm.update 1 '{"description": "new description" }'

Did it and confirm, configuration got updated - visible on shell and GUI.

However, the change does NOT affect the virtual machine.

Anything I am missing here?

sretalla