Can't Compile FreeNAS 11.2

sheepdot

Dabbler
Hi,

I'm having trouble compiling FreeNAS 11.2. Long story short, I'm currently running 11.2-U7. Getting 11.2 working took some time in the past, so I don't want to try moving to 11.3 at this time. However, there is a non-tunable parameter I need to adjust which requires compiling it myself.

So I created a FreeBSD VM, and allocated 200GB of hard drive space and 16GB of memory. Everything worked fine until I get a failure when compiling ports - just the freenas-webui portion, which fails at "fetch." The failure occurs here:

> freenas-webui@1.2.0 rimraf /usr/webui
> rimraf "dist"

With:
FATAL ERROR: CALL_AND_RETRY_LAST Allocation failed - JavaScript heap out of memory

I have tried allocating 64GB of just swap space to the VM, but no dice. I have attached my log file... I'm hoping someone can help me get past this stumbling block so that I can get on to the next thing.

Attachments

• freenas-webui-_1582323556.txt
    84.4 KB · Views: 223

sheepdot

Dabbler
I suppose this is solved. I created a new FreeBSD VM, snapshotted it, and then compiled FreeNAS 11.3. No problem. So I copied the VM, reverted to the snapshot, and compiled 11.2... no problem. So I have no idea what went wrong with the first VM, but it seems to be sorted now.