Can't change static ip

Kieros

Explorer
Hi everyone,

I hava a question about truenas scale

There are so many posts about networking. Please help.
I have spend an entire day to change the static IP of a bridge NIC.
Somehow I can not get it to work via the gui.

I think there are bugs in there as well.
For example. I had put in an USB gigabit adapter to get my nic changed (which failed)
I thought to swap IP's between them to get me the right IP on the right NIC.
After multiple failures I decided to remove it and clean it up.
I only remove the USB device and bridge and I left the connection to the webgui unchanged.
But the system hangs completely after trying that and it needs a reboot to get me back in. Why the f**k is that? It is so frustrating!!
With every static IP change the system hangs and I can not get back in even with the old IP.

So it is simply not changing the IP I put in.
So I change the IP to my new network setup. I do this over WIFI.
So I change it and the quickly swap to the new IP to get in before this time expires. (which is rather short too)
Anyways I never am able to get back in with the right IP.
I tried with the usb ethernet adapter to do it. But that didn't work either. See above which give me new problems.
I also tried to shell in as root. Working with /etc/netcli howver it does not give me this menu as stated in the below link
Option 6 is not there. I tried option 1 but it is to hard to figure out which virtual eth adapter/bridge I need to change.

ConsoleSetupMenu.png

What can I do?
Is there a config file that can be edited directly?
I am not good at linux commands. So please be patient with me or explain in with full commands.

Any help is much appriciated.

Kieros

Explorer
Anyone? What might be causing this or is there something that I am doing wrong?

It is weird. That if nothing is changed at the webgui ip, that it becomes inaccesible right?

Kieros

Explorer
I fixed it after alot of struggles the whole IP changing appears super buggy to me.