SOLVED Can't access windows share folder on my laptop (other computers work however)

cheaptrick666

Explorer
Hey guys,

I am tapping in the dark here. I have a network path setup in TrueNAS and it works from every computer except my laptop. I suspect it to be a Windows issue. I can't ping the server from this laptop. Other computers can't ping my laptop. What setting could that be? I had a second nvMe lying around and reinstalled Windows on that laptop and then it worked. But I don't really want to do that. It's probably an easy solution.

The laptop is in the same home network and has the same Workgroup as the other computers. There are no obvious differences and I searched everywhere if anyone might have encountered the same issue. Firewall was also disabled.

midclt call smb.status AUTH_LOG | jq also doesn't show this particular laptop.

I hope someone can help me avoid a reinstall of Windows.

Thank you in advance.

cheaptrick666

Explorer
It seems like I fixed it for now. In the "The Advanced Sharing Settings" window the "network discovery" was not activated. I disabled it a while ago and thought it was the same on all the other computers. But it is active everywhere. So that was a pretty easy solution and a silly oversight on my end. Hope this helps someone in the future.