SOLVED can't access my smb folders

Deri

Cadet
so long story short my web interface one time decided to not work and i blindly just set everything to default "on the machine itself" and imported back the zfs pool and now is plex able to access the library etc but i can't access my folders via an smb share while the permissions are set correct "in the user interface" i have tried to search for my issue but weren't able to find much myself hope someone can halp me ;w;

Attachments

• 1688325882344.png
    1688325882344.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

LarsR

Guru
the path should be \\yourip\sharename not \\yourip\mnt\sharename

LarsR

Guru
You also gave that path a share name, e.g. Media and then access it by \\ip\sharename

Deri

Cadet
You also gave that path a share name, e.g. Media and then access it by \\ip\sharename
i tried another dataset and that one works but not the one i try to do but i think plex took permissions but i have no idea how to fix that because plex ensures that it has access and if it doesn't it just gives it to itself but is now conflicting with my smb :frown:

LarsR

Guru
you can grant any user access permissions to any share. just edit the permissions of that dataset and give your smb user access permissions in addition to the plex user.