SOLVED Cannot update - insufficient space

kappclark

Explorer
Hello -

I am trying to perform an update to 11.2, but getting error - insufficient space -- I replaced the 16G usb devices with larger 32G usb sticks...resilvered -- no errors

I have followed this set of instructions in order to get more space on freenas-boot, and received no errors but the devices still show up as smaller than 32 GB. I have NOT re-booted the host.

1584366746956.png

My question - do I need to run gparted to expand the partition to reclaim all the space ? THANKS ...

turment

Dabbler
I am a total noob about FreeNAS but wouldn't be faster to save configuration with passwd and salt and recreate boot USB?

kappclark

Explorer
I may very well wind up doing that !

kappclark

Explorer
*** Update -- SOLVED -- ****
Found a 32GB Kingston Data Traveler - installed NEW 11.3 system on that, and uploaded config file -- both pools came up and I now have access back to the file server... pretty straight-forward

host now boots in under 2 minutes...the cheaper TEAM group 32G drives were no good ...

Would like to mark this thread SOLVED, but see no tool to do this .... maybe admin needs to do this ?

Redcoat

MVP
Would like to mark this thread SOLVED, but see no tool to do this .... maybe admin needs to do this ?
Should be the Thread Tools dropdown in the upper right, Edit Thread, change prefix to Solved.