Cannot unmount /mnt/myvol/... Device busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

Wizard
I am trying to delete a dataset but I get the "Cannot unmount ... :device busy".
I have not much to go about and I don't know if this is a bug as similar issues seem to have been reported previously.
I am trying to delete a dataset which used to have snapshots, was used as a CIFS share, had automatic snapshots enabled, and that's all there is to it I think.
I couldn't destroy the snapshots, and I suspect holds flag was used. So I ran replication to another dataset, and then I was able to remove the snapshots.
I am still trying to destroy the dataset without success and I still get the above unmount error message.

There were mention in the past that Freenas had no way to know what is keeping the device busy.
Is it still the case with Freenas 9.3?
Is there a way I can trace the source of the issue?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Not sure how to trace the source, but you should be able to destroy the dataset from the CLI with "zfs destroy -f pool/dataset"

Apollo

Wizard
Not sure how to trace the source, but you should be able to destroy the dataset from the CLI with "zfs destroy -f pool/dataset"
I entered the exact command but it didn't work.
I did however retried a few hours later, (my desktop from where I do most of Freenas management has been off, and my laptop was also in low power mode so no wifi) and then I was able to destroy the dataset.
In would surmise CIFS share maybe the problem but I have no tangible evidences.

Status
Not open for further replies.