Cannot Find File or Directory When Re-starting Plex Plugin

Harry55494

Cadet
Hi All,

This is my first post so you'll have to bear with me on this.
I'm currently experiencing an issue with the free version of the Plex Media Server plugin for FreeNAS. After updating to FreeNAS 11.2 U3, which fixed a bug preventing the creation of mount points with spaces, I have come across another problem in starting my Plex server. I have created a new dataset to add my media to, with no spaces in which prevents another new issue (for another time), but when I try to start the jail, I come across this problem: "jail: mount.fstab: /mnt/Onesimus/iocage/jails/plex/root/Plex: No such file or directory". I'm not sure why this is happening, as I have correctly installed the Plex plugin, with it being able to run the first time after it's installed. After I take it down I then can only load it up when there isn't a mount point attached to it. I'm not sure if this is a bug in the recent release of U3, or whether I have something set up wrong on my system. The extended error message is as follows:

Code:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
    r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 128, in main_worker
    res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 88, in _run
    return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 609, in start
    iocage.start()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 1663, in start
    callback=self.callback
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 66, in __init__
    self.__start_jail__()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 401, in __start_jail__
    silent=self.silent)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 90, in logit
    _callback(content, exception)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 64, in callback
    raise callback_exception(message)
RuntimeError: jail: mount.fstab: /mnt/Onesimus/iocage/jails/plex/root/Plex: No such file or directory

"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 165, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1141, in call_method
    return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1078, in _call
    return await self._call_worker(serviceobj, name, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1105, in _call_worker
    job,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1036, in run_in_proc
    return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1021, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
RuntimeError: jail: mount.fstab: /mnt/Onesimus/iocage/jails/plex/root/Plex: No such file or directory

My NAS Specs are as follows:
FreeNAS 11.2 U3
Gigagbyte Motherboard, H310M-S2H
Intel Celeron G4900 3.1GHz (2 Cores)
8 Gb RAM
2 x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf Pro HDD in Mirrored RAID Setup, 1 (Pre-Historic) 160Gb Samsung HDD
Not sure about hard disk controllers or network cards if I'm honest.
[Edit - Onesimus is the name of my server, Edison Library is the dataset with the Plex Media in]

I'm hoping someone has either fixed this issue or knows how to, as I waited a month for the previous FreeNAS update hoping it would fix my issue but it seems I've just moved onto another one. Any help is of course much appreciated. Thankyou

Last edited:

John Doe

Guru
does the share appear when going to the path in the jail?
e.g. from root directory to /mnt/

Harry55494

Cadet
Both the media share and the Plex plugin location appear when I’m creating the mount point and when I’m looking under the storage. The error message makes me think it can’t find the plugin folder as there’s no error message about the media share but rather the jail/Plex folder - but yeh, in short I can view all the shares all the time

nojohnny101

Wizard
Sorry I'm a little unclear from your answer, so you have verified that this path exists?
Code:
/mnt/Onesimus/iocage/jails/plex/root/Plex

Harry55494

Cadet
Sorry yeh it’s my first time on here,
The correct path should be /mnt/Onesimus/iocage/jails/Plex/root/Plex media server/media , which exists as I’m able to map to it from the mount points but then I get the error when actually running the jail.
This makes me think it could be to do with the spaces in it? Not sure :/

John Doe

Guru
that does not look like the correct path. it is the path to the jail, not to the files which should be streamed.

I think the concept is not clear to you. in Freenas you set up a jail. the gui within freenas will ask you where to put the jail.
that path should be to a dedicated dataset.

then the gui will ask you where do you have your movies, video, music etc. that path is not the path you posted.
you are trying to mount a path within a jail, which does not require any mounting at all.

it is not a bug, it is normal, that it requires root permissions to mount a place where only root shall have access to.

what you need to do, correct the path where you have your music etc.

Harry55494

Cadet
Ah yes, that makes sense now, I was putting the media file within the wrong folder as you said - Thankyou for the help!