Cannot destroy 'dataset name', dataset already exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

elangley

Contributor
Hello All,

I have a replication job that has gone sideways and I want to start over by deleting the PULL dataset to start fresh.

On the PUSH side I disabled the Replication Task and shutdown FreeNAS.

On the PULL >
There are no snapshots.
I deleted the Shares related to the dataset.
I attempted to delete the dataset but get the error "cannot destroy 'dataset name', dataset already exists".

What am I missing?

Running 9.3 STABLE

~eric

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo

elangley

Contributor
Interesting, I had to restart the PUSH FreeNAS server and even though the Replication was disabled it completed successfully. So the problem with the sideways replication job is fixed but not the ability to delete the dataset, which I know no longer want to do...

~

I also had this same error message when trying to delete a zvol.

In my case, the zvol had been created by an interrupted zfs receive, which was sent using the "-s" resumable feature. The resume token was preventing it from being destroyed.

To fix it, I ran "zfs receive -A <pool/zvol>" (on FreeNAS 9.10.1)

Stux

MVP
I also had this same error message when trying to delete a zvol.

In my case, the zvol had been created by an interrupted zfs receive, which was sent using the "-s" resumable feature. The resume token was preventing it from being destroyed.

To fix it, I ran "zfs receive -A <pool/zvol>" (on FreeNAS 9.10.1)

Does this post show a forum bug?

<pool/zvol>

My mistake. I copy/pasted my answer from serverfault here, their markdown didn't like the < and > chars.

cbarber

Dabbler
same problem here, only I still want to delete the dataset. Rep job created the dataset, but never successfully rep'd to it. I totally deleted the job, there is nothing that I can see in terms of shares or whatever hanging on to the dataset. I'm going to try the "zfs receive" thing from above. Freenas 9.3 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.