Cannot access WebGUI over wifi or OpenVPN

mapcevn

Dabbler
FreeNAS-11.3
I upgraded my box from V11.2 U7 to the new V11.3. Everything listed below works fine except the WebGUI which is no longer be able to access over WiFi or OpenVPN via mobile network. The WebGUI returns the below message:

Connecting to FreeNAS...
Make sure the FreeNAS system is powered on and connected to the network

Things are still working normally on my FreeNAS box which is behind a dedicated pfSense box.
- Access to SMB shared folders over wired network, Wifi or OpenVPN with the use of FileBrowser app installed on my iPhone (13.3.1).
- SSH to my box over wired network, Wifi or OpenVPN with either PuTTY or Termius app on my iPhone.
- Public services including a website, Nextcloud, iRedMail behind pfSense HAProxy.

Is there anyone out there experiencing the similar issues?

Which log should i look at to diagnose the issue?

I'm a newbie in this area, hence please be patient with me.

mapcevn

Dabbler
I carried out two more tests connecting to the FreeNAS WebGUI
- Failed with my old ipad (iOS 9.3.5)
- Successful with my Windows 10 Pro via a USB wifi dongle!
This is really weird to me.

The FreeNAS GUI used to work normally for me with the old versions 11.2 and with my old iOS 13.3 over Wifi or OpenVPN. Not sure why they suddenly refuse to work together.

mapcevn

Dabbler
Found the culprit. It turns out the problem was at my self-signed certificates for internal use. I set a funny issued date and expiry date in the CA cert as well as end user/server cert. It was working with previous version of iOS, but it no longer works with the iOS 13.3.1. Being too lazy to re-issue the internal CA, I switched over Letsencrypt cert, and the problem is gone. Hope that Letsencrypt won't go rogue.