Can another theme be added for the forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
but there are still 2 message counts displaying for some reason. has it always been like that?
Yes, that's what I was referring to. Sometimes what I'm thinking and what I type don't always match up so well. o_O

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
OK I found an option in some obscure template plugin that was populating the option. Hopefully that's a bit better?
Perfect!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Wow, that's more change in 24 hours than I'd seen in my other 824 days (plus a few days lurking without an account) on the forum. And it doesn't immediately create a shitstorm of negativity!

titan_rw

Guru
I have some screenshots of how the forum looked before the move to XenForo. I still think it looked better back then.

Forum list:

L0dzLmA.jpg

Actual posts: (to me, super clean, no annoying pastel blue's, etc.)
(and also before we had a forum guard dog, and had to settle for noobsauce80)

d7wr49t.jpg

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I have some screenshots of how the forum looked before the move to XenForo. I still think it looked better back then.

Forum list:

L0dzLmA.jpg

Actual posts: (to me, super clean, no annoying pastel blue's, etc.)
(and also before we had a forum guard dog, and had to settle for noobsauce80)

d7wr49t.jpg
Ah yes, when Cyberjock went by noobsauce80.

But why take a screenshot of that thread?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
@titan_rw just earned the title of digital hoarder........

titan_rw

Guru
Ah yes, when Cyberjock went by noobsauce80.

But why take a screenshot of that thread?

I think it was because I still had that thread open from the previous day before they broke the forums upgraded to xenforo.

The way back machine might have previous copies of the forum too. I haven't looked.

The grey is a lot nicer already. My head thanks you.

And to be honest as long as it works and things are readable with a dark theme I am happy. On another forum I use they have a black and orange theme that works great
upload_2016-5-20_19-7-58.png

It's made by http://pixelexit.com/

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Ok I know it's a WIP but here's something to look at when you're working on things.

With the New Style theme when you add a link to text in the quick reply box it doesn't change color like it does on the default theme. Makes it kinda difficult to see if the link was added.

ChriZ

Patron
And another minor issue: the page numbers are all the same so you don't know at what page you are.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
And another minor issue: the page numbers are all the same so you don't know at what page you are.
This is more of a problem on mobile, since the text that tells you the current page is not shown.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Spent a while adding google search function into the forums and getting rid of the old crappy search function on "new theme". Feel free to check it out and see if it works as you'd expect.

INCSlayer

Contributor
Spent a while adding google search function into the forums and getting rid of the old crappy search function on "new theme". Feel free to check it out and see if it works as you'd expect.
it seems to search like it should the results box doesnt exactly match the theme atm but thats a styling issue i think:
t31Qr29.png

Status
Not open for further replies.