C2750 not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

triikan

Cadet
Have an ASRock C2750D4i that I'm having issues with. I'm able to log into it via IPMI but not able to boot it. I've tried it with three different brands of ECC, as well as a stick of Kingston HyperX Fury memory that is listed as compatible on the Kingston site.

The power supply I'm trying to use is a Seasonic SS-620GM, though I've also tried a Corsair RM850x, and a generic 400W power supply.

In IPMI, the only readings I'm able to see for voltage are ATX+5VSB at 5.04, +3VSB a 3.46, and BAT at 3.199.

Board is brand new, never been booted. Any troubleshooting steps I need to take, or did I get a DOA?

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Not sure of your experience so it is hard to give advice. My initial suggestion would be to check the manual and ensure you have everything properly seated/connected and are using compatible parts that are "known good". Since this really is not a FreeNas issue, you may want to check with the vendor.

Pitfrr

Wizard
In my experience, I noticed that this motherboard needed a very long time to boot. Ok, "very long time" is about a minute or so to see something happening on the screen.
And I remember that when I tried this motherboard for the first time I thought something was wrong with it!
I didn't check with IPMI since I had a monitor and a keyboard hooked on it.

An other thing (related to what Mirfster said), I don't know with how many memory modules you tried but be sure to populate it first the DDR3_A1 slot.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
That is very very odd. Please do let us know what the resolution is, but I suspect you have a defective unit. You *DID* mount it with the insulating motherboard screw standoffs, right? On this board, if you mount it directly to the case, you will short it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.