Build advise on new storage build with optane

Hi Truenas community, Looking to consolidate my old mashup of jbods into a new single 4u build, with better read/write performance and room for expansion. Hoping for some advise / sanity checks.

Currently build is:
intel 2690 v3
128gb ram
1 pool containing 2 vdevs. a raidz2 of 6x4tb hdd's, and a raidz2 of 6x8tb hdd's.

my plan for the new build is:
supermicro 4u 36 bay case
supermicro x11dph-t mobo
CPU TBD
RAM TBD
single vdev 6x14tb raidz2
3x optane 960gb 905p to use for something
4x optane 118gb p1600x to use for something (in an owc quad nvme to u.2 shuttle)

On my old build, my main performance issues are saturating the ram cache during writes, and slow seeking in videos, file searching, and file thumbnail loading when navigating files through samba share.

For the new build Skylake CPUs would be much cheaper, but if I could use cheap 256gb nvdimms in memory mode as ram for write caching, I think I would never be able to saturate them. This would require a pair of cascade lake cpu's. Otherwise, I'm gonna need a lot of ram w/ skylake cpus.

I probably don't need high core counts, I have a separate proxmox host w/ dual 2680 v4's that I should install jellyfin on.

I'm thinking the optane 905p's might be better as l2arc, and maybe raid10 the optane p1600x drives for slog? Open to any advise on how to better use them.

Thanks Y'all!