Boot disk ada0 failing SMART checks, want to replace, question about options. TrueNAS-13.0-U5.1

testfire10

Dabbler
Hi friends. Over the last 6 months or so, I've had my single boot device (ada0), a 120GB SSD fail my routine SMART checks a couple of times. I'd like to go ahead and replace it. I have a couple of questions on how to do this, as I couldn't find in it in the docs, and I'm hesitant to think the 'replace' option in the boot device actions will work.

Question 1) Can I mirror this boot pool now, adding a second, new SSD, and mirroring it to the existing one I want to replace, then replace the failing disk with a second good one in-place?

Question 2) If that won't work, will the 'replace' option actually work, given that I only have one boot disk currently?

Question 3) Failing both of those options, I think I can figure out how to reinstall TrueNAS and import the pool into the new install, at which point I'd mirror the boot devices this time. Can you remind me how to retrieve the config file necessary that I'll need to import back into the new install?

Alecmascot

Guru
Question 3) Failing both of those options, I think I can figure out how to reinstall TrueNAS and import the pool into the new install, at which point I'd mirror the boot devices this time. Can you remind me how to retrieve the config file necessary that I'll need to import back into the new install?
Save it from the Systems tab