Blank report, settings, network settings, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

o13102

Cadet
I have been running FreeNAS 8.0.4-p2-x64(11367) since about the time it was released. I have never had an issue and the system does everything it should. The current system uptime is 255 days, 22 hours, 27 minutes.

My system details:
  1. FreeNAS 8.0.4-p2-x64(11367)
  2. General hardware information:
    1. HP Proliant DL380 G7
    2. HP StorageWorks D2700 Enclosure
    3. HP Smart Array P411/512MB FBWC - storage controller
    4. Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz
    5. 98 GB RAM (No that is not a typo)
Suddenly, today the following pages in the UI are blank; Reporting, Settings, View All Groups, View All Users, Network Global Configuration, Network Summary, View All Link Aggregations, etc...

Just about any page that needs to generate dynamic content. I have tried accessing with 3 different browsers (IE, Chrome & Firefox) and all show the same results.

Before I do something like reboot the system, is there a way for me to validate that this thing hasn't completely lost its configuration? I'm worried that it's just 'running in ram' at the moment and if I reboot it won't come back up.

Anyone seen this sort of behavior before?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Well, you should definitely backup your config file if you can from the WebGUI.

If you can't get the WebGUI to work for that, then you can go to the CLI and copy the file /data/freenas-v1.db to your pool. Then if this all blows up in your face you just have to setup FreeNAS enough to get to your pool, copy the database file to your desktop and upload it back to FreeNAS.

If I were in your shoes I'd reboot the server. Then take the opportunity to upgrade to 8.3.2. Let it go for a week or two. If things go okay do another config backup and then upgrade to 9.1.1(or whatever is the latest at that time). 8.0.4 has major security problems now and you should have upgraded long ago.

o13102

Cadet
Well, you should definitely backup your config file if you can from the WebGUI.

I'll assume that is on the Settings screen, unfortunately, that's one of the blank ones:

0oLMCv7.jpg

If you can't get the WebGUI to work for that, then you can go to the CLI and copy the file /data/freenas-v1.db to your pool. Then if this all blows up in your face you just have to setup FreeNAS enough to get to your pool, copy the database file to your desktop and upload it back to FreeNAS.

Will do.

If I were in your shoes I'd reboot the server. Then take the opportunity to upgrade to 8.3.2. Let it go for a week or two. If things go okay do another config backup and then upgrade to 9.1.1(or whatever is the latest at that time). 8.0.4 has major security problems now and you should have upgraded long ago.

I will look into this as a weekend project just in case things go badly so I'll have lots of time to work on it.

Thanks very much for your quick, and more importantly thorough reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.