System settings page blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy D

Dabbler
I am trying to upgrade my Freenas box. I want to backup my config, but the system settings page is blank, have restarted several times including complete shutdowns. Not sure where else to go. Any help would be apprieated. Here is my system information. I am also uploading the page that is not showing the info. Most all other pages seem blank also. I do have root access via command line.

Thank you

Hostname freenas.davelan.local
FreeNAS Build FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p1-x64 (11059)
Platform AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
Memory 1009MB
System Time Sun Nov 3 22:36:26 2013
Uptime 10:36PM up 24 mins, 0 users
Load Average 0.00, 0.02, 0.05
OS Version FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p6

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 296

cyberjock

Inactive Account
First, upgrade to something FAR newer than that. I recommend 8.3.2 or 9.1.2. Your version is old, buggy as heck, and has some security issues.

Second, you need more RAM. 2GB for UFS and 8GB for ZFS. Without enough RAM expect the system to be unstable and do weird things you can't explain. This may explain why your web pages aren't loading.

Third, try clearing browser cache and cookies.

gpsguy

Follow the sage advice that cyberjock has given you.

The configuration file is located here: /data/freenas-v1.db

Sleepy D

Dabbler
Thank you both for your reply.

Cyberjock / gpsguy,

I am in the process of upgrading to a newer version, especially 9.1.2 so that I can use the Plex plugin due to the mkv issue with the Plex app on my Samsung SmartTV. I am planning on moving everything to a different box which has the 8Gb for ZFS. I am using a newly installed version of Firefox, which does not do anything even after clearing the cookies and cache. I have tried using internet explorer which gives me the box that pops up asking if I want to open or save. If I attempt to save, it wants to save the file as "save/" and labels it as participial download, yet is the same size as when I use gpsguy's configuration file location, where I was able to gain a copy of the config and save it.

So now if I install 9.1.2 on my new machine and import the config, should I experience any issues with having all my data there?

warri

Guru
It should work, but the version change is quite big. If it has problems importing the config, just try an intermediate step (e.g. use to 8.3.2 first, then upgrade to 9.1.1). Your data is safe in any case, it's just the configuration of your shares, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.