Bhyve - Windows 10 slower on 11.2 than 11.1

xorus

Cadet
My Freenas build is on a PowerEdge T30 - Xeon E3-1225V5 - 16gb RAM. I run a Windows 10 VM with 4gb RAM and 2 cores, zvol on SSD, very standard setup. With the version 11.1, the VM ran smoothly. When I updated to version 11.2, the VM become very slow. I decided to reinstalled it but now, the VM is almost unusable. I also tried to install a Windows server to add more cores, but same result, it is very slow...

Any idea or tweak I could try to improve performance?

Thanks

D

dlavigne

Anything happening in /var/log/messages or /var/log/middlewared.log when the slowdown occurs?

xorus

Cadet
I'll reinstall the VM and look at the logs, thanks.
I reinstalled VM Windows 10 yesterday, looked logs and found nothing that may explains the slowdown. What I noticed is that as soon as I try to launch an apps, the CPU usage is 100%, even for small task like opening the file explorer. I don't understand why it was running smoothly with version 11.1 and now with version 11.2 (latest update) it is so slow...

Supergrobi

Dabbler
Same Problem here. I never used 11.1 and at the moment I am using 11.2-U3. Windows 10 VM is almost unusable. Every little action is pushing the CPU to 100%. Linux MINT VM is also quite slow but not as bad as Windows. Docker VMs are running fine. It seems to me that this maybe related to VMs using a GUI.

D

dlavigne

I reinstalled VM Windows 10 yesterday, looked logs and found nothing that may explains the slowdown. What I noticed is that as soon as I try to launch an apps, the CPU usage is 100%, even for small task like opening the file explorer. I don't understand why it was running smoothly with version 11.1 and now with version 11.2 (latest update) it is so slow...

Hard to tell what is going on without looking at a debug. If you decide to make a ticket at bugs.ixsystems.com, post the issue number here.

sretalla