bhyve vnc port reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavageAUS

Patron
So in my testing so far with FreeNAS 11 trying to create a vm (no luck so far, installs but cannot get to boot from disk). Each test results in the vnc port number to increase automatically 5901 -> 59xx so i was curious if there was a way to reset the counter back to 5901 once i have finished my testing and get these vm's to boot.

D

dlavigne

This is a current limitation. Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here. The developer might also have a workaround until the bug is fixed.

SavageAUS

Patron

FreeNASftw

Contributor
Hi SavageAUS, I'm on KI... Just across the water from you. Anyway, have you got an open thread for problem of booting the VM's? I've been playing with this today and it all seems to be working for me.

SavageAUS

Patron
Hi SavageAUS, I'm on KI... Just across the water from you. Anyway, have you got an open thread for problem of booting the VM's? I've been playing with this today and it all seems to be working for me.
Yes the thread is here
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/53819/
And I still have not managed to boot a single vm. What distro are you using?

Is there are reason you can't just change the port via the devices menu?
There is no reason. But I would expect the port count to be reset if the number of vm's is less than the port count.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

FreeNASftw

Contributor
Yes the thread is here
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/53819/
And I still have not managed to boot a single vm. What distro are you using?

I'm running 11 nightlies - Guest distros, Windows Server 2016 installed fine and boots with zero extra setup, Ubuntu server installs and just needs the boot order changed to avoid booting into the shell. Windows 10 ran live but failed to copy files over during install, I didn't bother messing around with that any more. That's all I've really tried. You've got your host BIOS settings regarding vitualisation set correctly?

There is no reason. But I would expect the port count to be reset if the number of vm's is less than the port count.

Hmmm yep, good idea.

SavageAUS

Patron
I'm running 11 nightlies - Guest distros, Windows Server 2016 installed fine and boots with zero extra setup, Ubuntu server installs and just needs the boot order changed to avoid booting into the shell. Windows 10 ran live but failed to copy files over during install, I didn't bother messing around with that any more. That's all I've really tried. You've got your host BIOS settings regarding vitualisation set correctly?

Hmmm yep, good idea.
If you mean my hardware machine running FreeNAS's bios then no i have not checked it since first setup and all needed features are turned on as it has run FreeNAS Corral before and it has full vm support.
I tried Ubuntu server and did change the boot order (well I thought I did) what were your steps to change the order?
I havn' t tried windows yet just Ubuntu, debian and centos.

SavageAUS

Patron
Yeah I followed that as well and now my Ubuntu server boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.