Bhyve high CPU on 2 Threads 100% CPU.

rodico

Cadet
Hi, I have TrueNas-12 running since a week, and I now notice high CPU usage of Bhyve.
I had installed Syncthing yesterday. I shutdown Syncthing, but bhyve still has a high cpu usage. I don't have any other Jails or Virtual machine running.
What can I do to reduce bhyve cpu usage?

1614011034718.png

Eric999

Dabbler
I am seeing the same problem. On the dashboard, I see some threads hitting 90+ percent and when I look at Display System Processes there is a bhyve at over 100%. I do have a number of jails running (Syncthing, SpeedTest) and two Ubuntu VMs (one of which has multiple Docker containers running) but none of these has any load on them, i.e. nobody is accessing them except me once in a while. Why is it bhyve which is using so much CPU? If I restart TrueNAS, this problem seems to go away for a while. Thanks for any hints on this. By the way, I only started with TrueNAS about three months ago and am having a blast! But there is about a 100% chance I have not configured it in the best way. :)
1618082568271.png

ændrük

Cadet
This keeps happening to me; bhyve maxes out host CPU cores in kqread and the guest runs excruciatingly slow despite reporting low CPU usage internally. Rebooting the host resolves it in the short term but it happens again after a few weeks.

What can I do to troubleshoot this?

lesserthere

Dabbler
I posted a thread yesterday about my first experiences with using vm´s on core.
Windows10 horrible performance and yes it says bhyve also. Just opening edge cpu spikes! upped the resources, tried nic virtio etc still the same.
Was hoping to move my current truenas core off a vm and install it on bare metal with windows as a vm.

Not looking good at the moment unless there is something i am missing.
Vmware Esxi 7 performed brilliantly in my tests the other day with win10 as a vm..

hmm frustrating at the moment.

Did you manage to solve this cpu issues?