Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

Bhyve high CPU on 2 Threads 100% CPU.

rodico

Hi, I have TrueNas-12 running since a week, and I now notice high CPU usage of Bhyve.
I had installed Syncthing yesterday. I shutdown Syncthing, but bhyve still has a high cpu usage. I don't have any other Jails or Virtual machine running.
What can I do to reduce bhyve cpu usage?

1614011034718.png

Eric999

I am seeing the same problem. On the dashboard, I see some threads hitting 90+ percent and when I look at Display System Processes there is a bhyve at over 100%. I do have a number of jails running (Syncthing, SpeedTest) and two Ubuntu VMs (one of which has multiple Docker containers running) but none of these has any load on them, i.e. nobody is accessing them except me once in a while. Why is it bhyve which is using so much CPU? If I restart TrueNAS, this problem seems to go away for a while. Thanks for any hints on this. By the way, I only started with TrueNAS about three months ago and am having a blast! But there is about a 100% chance I have not configured it in the best way. :)
1618082568271.png